PDA

View Full Version : New forum for Ironside Smokers

Peteg
06-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Hi everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know that we just set up a new forum for Ironside Smokers in the Brethren Sales & Ventures area. Please feel free to check out the new forum when you have time. I'll use that area to keep everyone on the brethren posted on new products as they come out, and post pictures of our cookers in action.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139

We make insulated cabinet smokers, located in Wisconsin. Here are a few pics and a video from a cooker that we finished this week. This one was pretty bare bones, other than the stainless steel rack upgrade. Take a look at our website for a full list of options. http://www.ironsidesmokers.com Thanks for looking!
Pete

Ironside Smoker Walk Around - YouTube

Ron_L
06-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the Brethren, Ironside Smokers! Pete is a long time member and we run into each other at local competitions once in a while.

The smokers look great!

SmokerKing
06-04-2017, 09:12 AM
good looking cookers!

TroyA65
06-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Welcome!! I look forward to seeing one in person sometime!

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Love the team name Peteg! You should offer protection "unless something were to happen..."

Peteg
06-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the Brethren, Ironside Smokers! Pete is a long time member and we run into each other at local competitions once in a while.

The smokers look great!

Thanks for the comments guys. Ron I wish we'd run into each other more often! We just don't get out as much as we used to.

KevinJ
06-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Good luck Pete, I wish you much success, looks like you're building a heck of a cooker. :thumb:

Pstores
06-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Looking very very nice...

Smokiemon
06-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Wow, pretty impressed! Really like the features you have incorporated. This is a great looking smoker.

McSpazatron
06-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Looking good. Glad to see you got your own little corner on the forum!

By the way, Im loving those round bar grates you have on the smoker. The whole unit looks very nicely finished!

Peteg
06-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Looking good. Glad to see you got your own little corner on the forum!

By the way, Im loving those round bar grates you have on the smoker. The whole unit looks very nicely finished!

Thanks guys! I'm with you on the stainless grates. I need need to upgrade to those on my own cooker now.

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Peteg,

How much charcoal does it hold and how long are your burn times on a full load at 225?

Peteg
06-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Peteg,

How much charcoal does it hold and how long are your burn times on a full load at 225?

Good question.. It holds roughly 20 lbs of lump charcoal. The last cook I did, I got a little over an hour per lb of charcoal. That wasn't with a full load though. I think I had about 4 butts in it then.

TuscaloosaQ
06-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Your smokers look great... great craftsmanship.... I wish you well and this might sound crazy but I'm gone order me an insulated cabinet one day...( have no desire to build one) you are on my radar .... I like quality... and you got it.... keep up the great work

pjtexas1
06-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Attention to detail. Every time I look at these cookers I am more and more impressed.

Peteg
06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Your smokers look great... great craftsmanship.... I wish you well and this might sound crazy but I'm gone order me an insulated cabinet one day...( have no desire to build one) you are on my radar .... I like quality... and you got it.... keep up the great work

Man what a compliment! Would be an honor to build one for you Paul. Maybe I could finally make it to big Bob Gibson's..

Pstores
06-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Man what a compliment! Would be an honor to build one for you Paul. Maybe I could finally make it to big Bob Gibson's..

Nowthat was a very nice plug..... nice job on the new handles vs slam latches...

Peteg
06-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Nowthat was a very nice plug..... nice job on the new handles vs slam latches...

Thanks Paul. I like the cool touch handles too. I like having equipment that I know will last!

Pstores
06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
No problem. I am glad to see you did go with the stainless round bar. Think that is what sets a few others apart. And after having a couple without and a few with. Personally I would never want one with out that option. That is a great selling point..