PDA

View Full Version : Lamb Roast Question ???

Smokiemon
06-03-2017, 10:07 PM
I am firing up the smoker tomorrow gonna make spatchcock chicken and BB Ribs. My neighbor brought me down a lamb roast he had processed. I am wondering how to cook this ?? Amy suggestions ? Mabey some Oakridge Santa Maria ?

longwayfromhome
06-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Looks like a shoulder roast to me. These are very nice smoked like a pork butt i.e. through to about 200F and pulled. I do them to that temp both on a rack and on a roti, roti is even better.

Oakridge Santa Maria would be great, I have used that. Lotsa garlic in the rub is good. I have also done smoked to about 120, then put in a thick mix of redwine, garlic, onions etc and finished to about 150. Lamb loves injections.

Generally best lighter on smoke than heavier.

Smokiemon
06-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Looks like a shoulder roast to me. These are very nice smoked like a pork butt i.e. through to about 200F and pulled. I do them to that temp both on a rack and on a roti, roti is even better.

Oakridge Santa Maria would be great, I have used that. Lotsa garlic in the rub is good. I have also done smoked to about 120, then put in a thick mix of redwine, garlic, onions etc and finished to about 150. Lamb loves injections.

Generally best lighter on smoke than heavier.

Thank you!!

Titch
06-04-2017, 12:48 AM
Ralph has you covered mate,mind you i have never rotied a shoulder,sounds like a great idea