PDA

View Full Version : Smoke vault 24 inch

billd1957
05-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Just purchased the smoke vault at a great price. Anybody have any recommendations on required mods?

Stlsportster
05-08-2017, 10:35 AM
I haven't personally cooked on one of these, but I can tell you I was close to buying one based on the amazingribs.com review. Hemmed and hawed and eventually went with the Pit Barrel instead as I wanted charcoal.

I'm sure you will be turning out great que in no time. Can't wait to see you share the results.

NovaBBQ1984
05-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I bought one last summer and sort of have buyer's remorse. I always had trouble controlling the temperature (which everyone says is the best feature of it) and the food never came out as good as I wanted. Basically just use it now as a warming oven or to cook sides and have thought about selling it.

Be curious to follow this thread to see other people's experiences to see if I can learn.

mattmountz94
05-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Was my first smoker an i still have it. Temps were never an issue unless it was windy. Then forget it. I may be the odd ball by i used chunks instead of the chips. Just lay 1 or 2 chunks on the tray and they will smoke. They usually lasted about an hour-two depending on the temp then i added more. I also used water in the water tray. I thought the jerky and ribs off of it were pretty darn good

billd1957
05-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Well delivery is tomorrow and I will be seasoning it this week and the weekend I will get my smoke on. I WANT ribs, a fatty, brisket and burnt ends and last but not least pulled pork

mattmountz94
05-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Well delivery is tomorrow and I will be seasoning it this week and the weekend I will get my smoke on. I WANT ribs, a fatty, brisket and burnt ends and last but not least pulled pork

Have fun and post pics