PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Franklin's Brisket Source

sdman
05-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Where does Aaron Franklin get his briskets?

Heard it was somewhere in Kansas.

Thanks,

Sam

Jorge
05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Creekstone Farms, unless something has changed.

sdman
05-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Thanks Jorge,

I see where it is in Arkansas City, Kansas.

Sam

Norm
05-01-2017, 01:46 PM
If you get a chance to read his book he's got a section on how particular he is about his meat sources.

That particular packer has some interesting ideas on how they handle the cattle that they process.

Right on Q
05-01-2017, 02:08 PM
I hear he nearly buys Creekstone out of prime briskets. I wonder how much of their business is directly to him?

bbqwizard
05-01-2017, 02:27 PM
I hear he nearly buys Creekstone out of prime briskets. I wonder how much of their business is directly to him?
When it comes to Prime briskets, most of it. I talked to a CS rep last week about briskets, and that's what I was told.

electron_si
05-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Turns out they are only about 2 1/2 hours away. Maybe I will try one of their packers this summer.

El_coqui
05-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Good luck stealing one of them primes away from creekstone....I have a friend that, after years of pop ups, just opened a bbq spot here in Houston. I was askimg lots of questiins aboit his business....sourcing, operations all that because my goal is to 1 day have my own spot. He told me Creekstone sells those primes to 3 people in the entire country....Franklin is the big one....then its a split between my friend and one other outfit.

I sure would like to cook one...just to say i have

Cmikes
05-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Rumors are he changed to 44farms which is a local angus cattle raiser in Cameron, TX

Cmikes
05-01-2017, 03:48 PM
And I can get all the creekstone I want through PFG, who supplied franklins.

cowgirl
05-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Here's a recent Creekstone discussion. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245625

4ever3
05-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Rumors are he changed to 44farms which is a local angus cattle raiser in Cameron, TX

Pretty sure I read that somewhere, or he alluded to it in a whotube video, but I don't think he mentioned the farm, just that it was a Texas ranch...

Burnt at Both Endz
05-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Good luck stealing one of them primes away from creekstone....I have a friend that, after years of pop ups, just opened a bbq spot here in Houston. I was askimg lots of questiins aboit his business....sourcing, operations all that because my goal is to 1 day have my own spot. He told me Creekstone sells those primes to 3 people in the entire country....Franklin is the big one....then its a split between my friend and one other outfit.

I sure would like to cook one...just to say i have

http://store.creekstonefarms.com/master-chef-prime-whole-brisket/

BadkissonTT
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure I read that somewhere, or he alluded to it in a whotube video, but I don't think he mentioned the farm, just that it was a Texas ranch...

Good....if word really got out he was buying beef from out of state...don't think that would go over so well.