PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia, PA Area Smokers

PhlBBQ
04-27-2017, 12:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my smoker, currently I can see through sections of my Brinkmann Smoke-King and am looking to make a big upgrade. I checked out the 270 Standard and the backwoods as well. I'm not loving the price tag of the Backwoods, the depth vs width, or the height. At 6'2" I'd prefer a taller smoker. As I live in a row home the location of the 270's firebox door is not ideal as I'm not interested in putting the smoker in the middle of the yard. What I'm looking for is Southeast PA owners of insulated smokers that are willing to show me their rigs. I'd especially love to see an Assassin or a Humphreys before pulling the trigger on what I want to buy. If you are in the area and don't mind showing your smoker, know of any dealers not listed on the companies websites, or have a buddy who would be willing to show his smoker on a Saturday or Sunday I'd appreciate it greatly.

Finally if you prefer a brand to the others which do you prefer and why? 270, Backwoods, Assassin, Humphreys?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Smoking Piney
04-27-2017, 05:21 PM
I'm in south NJ, but close - about 45 minutes or so from Philly. I have an Assassin 24 if you want to look it over. I can tell you all about it without eating up space here.

PM sent

Twisted T's Q
04-27-2017, 05:27 PM
keep in mind that the 270 moves around very easily , so if you were to have to adjust the smoker to get tot the fire box before cooks it is no problem what so ever

Twisted T's Q
04-27-2017, 05:31 PM
oh sorry for got to answer your question, one of the main reasons I got the 270 was its ease of portability , out of the 4 you mentioned I think they are all great smokers, so I would factor I price , shipping cost, and what I like the looks of the best, but if being easy to move around is important I would strongly suggest you looking into the 270 's