PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in Indianapolis

Adubree86
04-18-2017, 05:06 PM
So I'm movin from the BBQ capital of the world to Indy. In KC it was easy to find somebody to smoke with. Any Indy smokers out there. Also, any BBQ shops I should know about in Indy? Got my babies strapped in for the ride.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/adamdubree/Smokers/941A034F-CB45-4DF1-8026-89CFD53C459F_zpsrbhcfqy8.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/user/adamdubree/media/Smokers/941A034F-CB45-4DF1-8026-89CFD53C459F_zpsrbhcfqy8.jpg.html)

Stingerhook
04-18-2017, 05:14 PM
I wish you would have moved to my hood.

Free Mr. Tony
04-18-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm in Fort Wayne, but visit Indianapolis often. If you need a mover, my cousin owns all the two men and a truck locations there. As far as BBQ stores I've poked around a little bit, but not a ton. Our whole region is a bit of a BBQ equipment no man's land. Family leisure is a fun store to look through. Lots of super high end stuff. Memphis pellets, fontana pizza ovens, and tons of patio stuff. Whites ace hardware in Carmel has a decent amount of popular rubs, injections, sauces, etc. Butcher, blues hog, etc.

Adubree86
04-18-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm in Fort Wayne, but visit Indianapolis often. If you need a mover, my cousin owns all the two men and a truck locations there. As far as BBQ stores I've poked around a little bit, but not a ton. Our whole region is a bit of a BBQ equipment no man's land. Family leisure is a fun store to look through. Lots of super high end stuff. Memphis pellets, fontana pizza ovens, and tons of patio stuff. Whites ace hardware in Carmel has a decent amount of popular rubs, injections, sauces, etc. Butcher, blues hog, etc.

We actually moved the house over the weekend. I just had to come back and get my smokers and decoys. On the first move I was able to load my Weber performer, Weber 26er, camp chef griddle, and wsm in the back of my truck. The Shirley and a Bandera wouldn't fit in an enclosed trailer so I made a trip back to pick them up. I have noticed the lack of smoking in Indy. I did however see a guy cooking on a meadowcreek trailer when I as looking for homes but didn't have time to say hi.

BeerBQ
04-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Welcome to Indiana! It may not be a big place for BBQ, but based on those cookers your neighborhood will come around pretty quick.

Adubree86
04-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Throwing on a brisket today. We will see if anybody walks down the street or follows their nose. Both neighbors have already commented on how huge the SF is. I'm sure they will enjoy some of the food they'll get off it.

Clay-b-que
04-23-2017, 09:10 AM
I thought Lockhart, TX was the BBQ capitol of the world?!? I am sure you will find some brethren there! They will smell you from miles away :-D

Adubree86
04-23-2017, 03:18 PM
I thought Lockhart, TX was the BBQ capitol of the world?!? I am sure you will find some brethren there! They will smell you from miles away :-D

I knew there would be one TX guy to call me out. Lol. Found out the neighbor has never had a burnt end. I'm bout to blow his mind.

Evil-g
04-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Maybe you'll add some Brethren to club.