PDA

View Full Version : Simply Marvelous burgers

chambersuac
04-09-2017, 12:53 AM
When theres not enough time to BBQ, but the weather is dry and 80-something, I still MUST be outside, so tonight it's PRIME BRISKET burgers and hotdogs. I love this time of year. Thank God for Simply Marvelous Season-all, with course grind black pepper, these will be, well, Simply Marvelous.

They were cooked on my cheap, garage sale non-name kettle indirectly until near temp, then finished over hot coals.

If you have not tried the Simply Marvelous line, please do yourself a favor and order some right now. They are made by Brethren Big Brothers Smoke and are winning competitions left and right.

Sorry, I forgot to take after pictures, but y'all Hance seen burgers before ;) Mine were cooked medium rare, my son's and wife's medium well. Topped with American cheese -because I forgot to buy other cheeses.

They were terrific with fresh tomatoes and grilled jalapeņos.

I stuck some other pics from other cooks in the comments. Thanks for looking, but I know my picture taking sucks. Just wanted to prove it still cook occasionally.

chambersuac
04-09-2017, 12:57 AM
Speaking of Simply Marvelous, I did a brisket recently with SM Peppered Cow and Season-all. It was terrific...I mean Simply Marvelous.

chambersuac
04-09-2017, 12:59 AM
The finished brisket, but I forgot to take pictures after slicing. The people attacked it too quickly.

chambersuac
04-09-2017, 01:02 AM
With the brisket, I made Divemaster style ABTS. They barely made it in the house from the smoker. Seasoned with Simply Marvelous Season-all and black pepper, my favorite for ABTs

chambersuac
04-09-2017, 01:03 AM
The finished ABTs....sooooo freaking good.

dadsr4
04-09-2017, 01:14 AM
When theres not enough time to BBQ, but the weather is dry and 80-something, I still MUST be outside, so tonight it's PRIME BRISKET burgers and hotdogs. I love this time of year. Thank God for Simply Marvelous Season-all, with course grind black pepper, these will be, well, Simply Marvelous.

They were cooked on my cheap, garage sale non-name kettle indirectly until near temp, then finished over hot coals.

If you have not tried the Simply Marvelous line, please do yourself a favor and order some right now. They are made by Brethren Big Brothers Smoke and are winning competitions left and right.

Sorry, I forgot to take after pictures, but y'all Hance seen burgers before ;) Mine were cooked medium rare, my son's and wife's medium well. Topped with American cheese -because I forgot to buy other cheeses.

They were terrific with fresh tomatoes and grilled jalapeņos.

THANK GOD!!!!
I thought i was the only one who cooked burgers without exotic conflagrations.
Prepare the meat, cook it until it's ready, and put it in a bun.
I did the same cook tonight, the ONLY options were "You want a slice of onion with that?" and "How thick a slice?"
There were no leftovers. Like you, I did well.

mrbill
04-09-2017, 03:31 AM
ever since you turned me on to the simply marvelous line of rubs when you gave me some cherry and sweet and spicy extras you had, they've been my favorite line of rub.

fwdiii
04-09-2017, 06:43 AM
Looks good.....gonna have to some SM and give it a try.

BigBlock
04-09-2017, 06:52 AM
will be doing burgers today and think i will do the ABTS also, gr8 post

jsperk
04-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Looking good.

HabitualSmoker
04-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Brown santa is dropping me off some simply marvelous cherry tomorrow :-D I've heard good things about their rubs here before which inspired the purchase. Now I'm even more excited to try it out! (and likely several others to follow in the future)

The burgers and ABTs look awesome!!

chambersuac
04-09-2017, 09:05 AM
SM Cherry on pork ribs ate incredible.
Enjoy.
Brown santa is dropping me off some simply marvelous cherry tomorrow :-D I've heard good things about their rubs here before which inspired the purchase. Now I'm even more excited to try it out! (and likely several others to follow in the future)

The burgers and ABTs look awesome!!

ShadowDriver
04-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Great to see you grilling and smoking, Brother Dan.

I'll have to do some quick research on these Divemaster-style ABTs, as they look killer.

hachi-roku_fan
04-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Dangit Dan! You making me huuuungry! Everything looks amazing

cowgirl
04-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Great to see your cook pics again Dan!! Looks fantastic!

Big George's BBQ
04-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Very Nice Dan It is sooooo nice to see you posting pics of your cooks again
You are right SM is good stuff

Bigr314
04-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Everything looks top notch! Nice cooking.

Norm
04-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Awesome cooking Dan!

PatAttack
04-09-2017, 04:47 PM
You've still got the touch, Brother Dan!!

gtr
04-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Great to see cooking pix from you again, Dan!

And yeah, Simply Marvelous - that's about the only line of rubs I make sure I'm never out of. Doing some turkey and chix with SM Pecan today.

Steph is doing a comp class here pretty soon, but I blew all my $$ recently so I can't make it. I did go to a backyarder class he did a few weeks ago and it was fantastic.

BillN
04-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Nice work there Dan.

frognot
04-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Great to see you back to grilling and smoking Dan!

Everything looks mighty tasty!