PDA

View Full Version : Decided to cook for the 'hood

ronbrad62
04-08-2017, 08:12 PM
It was such a nice day, weather was the absolute nicest all week. I was itching to do my first full cook on my "new to me" Old Country Over & Under. I put some ribs and my first ever fatty (bacon-cheeseburger) on to cook. After wrapping the ribs, I put my chicken on, wings and quarters. My wife is not too keen on bbq, so I did the wings with basic seasoning, then 1/2 Hoisin sauce and 1/2 Gen, Tsao's sauce for some kick. The quarters I did do bbq. Everything turned out very good, and to my surprise, my wife really liked the fatty. Who knew? Even though it was just a tad overcooked, my next one will definitely be spot-on, and she may like it even more. Thanks for looking.

Stingerhook
04-08-2017, 08:23 PM
That is one fine looking cook.

dadsr4
04-08-2017, 08:29 PM
It was such a nice day, weather was the absolute nicest all week. I was itching to do my first full cook on my "new to me" Old Country Over & Under. I put some ribs and my first ever fatty (bacon-cheeseburger) on to cook. After wrapping the ribs, I put my chicken on, wings and quarters. My wife is not too keen on bbq, so I did the wings with basic seasoning, then 1/2 Hoisin sauce and 1/2 Gen, Tsao's sauce for some kick. The quarters I did do bbq. Everything turned out very good, and to my surprise, my wife really liked the fatty. Who knew? Even though it was just a tad overcooked, my next one will definitely be spot-on, and she may like it even more. Thanks for looking.
You have done quite well.
First, I would pour myself out the best beer I could find, because I would feel I deserved it, and set back and enjoy.
I would then print out my post for proof of what my wife said, since that is what is most important. Good food, and a loving wife, what could be better?
Afterwards, I would make note how I did things, with comments about how I would improve things.

BillN
04-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Looks like you did a great job Ron.

Bigbears BBQ
04-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Nice cook and as we all know happy wife happy life

IamMadMan
04-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Nice job....

BigBlock
04-09-2017, 06:56 AM
sure there were some happy neighbors

Bigr314
04-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Nice looking cook. I see that smoke ring on the fatty!

Big George's BBQ
04-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Very nice cook It is always nice when the wife approves :thumb:

pjtexas1
04-09-2017, 12:25 PM
That's a great looking cook! How did the cooker fire management go?

SDAR
04-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Great looking cook. There is something about early spring beautiful day cooks in my opinion. Looks like you had a great time.

ronbrad62
04-09-2017, 01:20 PM
That's a great looking cook! How did the cooker fire management go?

Overall, very nice. I expected the ribs to take longer to cook, but somewhere along the way it spiked a bit and was slightly overcooked. The quarters were nice size, but they were done in about an hour. Even my wife commented about how much easier this big batch was compared to my previous offset. Very happy with it, and to the continued practicing ahead.

wihint
04-09-2017, 03:57 PM
That looks delicious!