PDA

View Full Version : GrillGrates GriddleGrates

JacksBBQ
03-08-2017, 06:58 PM
So Ive got a Weber Genesis that I use as my main grill during the week. I added some GrillGrates a month or so ago which Ive really been liking. I decided last weekend to order one of their GriddleGrates to use with it during those times that I need to have a flat top surface to cook something on along side whatever else Im doing on the grill. I've got a cast iron griddle that a bought a long time ago that should accomplish the same thing but its so heavy to move around that I have rarely used it. The GriddleGrate is really light weight and easy to move around and store.

I tested it out tonight and this this thing is great for what it cost. I think the one for my grill was $30 shipped and the dimensions are approximately 19.5" x 10". I cooked a breakfast patty melt tonight consisting of toasted bread, a grilled sausage patty, a fried egg, and some cheese. I toasted the bread and fried the egg on the griddle. Being able to do everything on the grill is great. Has anybody else picked up one of these?

mattmountz94
03-08-2017, 07:02 PM
I just use the grill grates flipped upside down. Awesome for seafood and burgers. Wouldn't be able to do an egg though

Ron_L
03-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the review, Jacks! I've been thinking about a griddle to go into my gasser.

jsperk
03-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Thanks. I will be getting them for my pellet grill.

JacksBBQ
03-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the review, Jacks! I've been thinking about a griddle to go into my gasser.

Its a way cheaper option than getting anything out there that is cast iron and since it just sits on top of the grates, it would work on anything. Like I said, its not a huge surface but its an easy way to add a second cooking surface to your gasser that can easily be thrown on and off.

JacksBBQ
03-08-2017, 10:29 PM
I just use the grill grates flipped upside down. Awesome for seafood and burgers. Wouldn't be able to do an egg though

Eggs was one of the way reasons I got one. I love fried eggs on burgers along with bacon so this makes it pretty easy to do that without having to cook half of the meal inside and half outside.

JacksBBQ
03-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Did some burgers tonight and remembered to take some pictures so I figured Id share. Did a double cheese burger with bacon and a fried egg. The GriddleGrate let me do everything out on the grill. Also did a couple of grilled peppers. Probably one of my new favorite sides.

http://i.imgur.com/UlfMZSPl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aIkoOwOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QRTTRRhl.jpg

Ron_L
03-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Looks good! Does the griddle pit on top of a grill grate or is it standalone?

KevinJ
03-12-2017, 08:08 AM
That's a good looking burger and thanks for sharing your experience with the griddle.

Springram
03-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Fantastic. I used GrillGrates back in my gasser days. Loved them. I have a Baking Steel that I use on my LBGE but I bet the GriddleGrate would be easier cleanup and care.

JacksBBQ
03-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Looks good! Does the griddle pit on top of a grill grate or is it standalone?

There are some grooves on the bottom that kind of help it sit in top of the grill grate.

Ron_L
03-12-2017, 10:34 AM
There are some grooves on the bottom that kind of help it sit in top of the grill grate.

Thanks!