PDA

View Full Version : Brethren considering RecTec who are down in the GA area

Dweverett
02-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Next Saturday, March 4th, they are having a scratch and dent sale at their location. They won't ship so you need to be local but they are saying they have a couple hundred units that were damaged in shipping, refurb, demos etc. Prices as low as $100 for a mini.

If this has already been posted, feel free to ignore.

https://www.facebook.com/RecTecGrills/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Jason TQ
02-25-2017, 04:26 PM
If I was closer and didn't have plans I'd definitely check it out. Looks like could be good deals, but the allure of $100 for a pellet smoker is just to get folks there similar to a crazy car deal. I'm sure there is one of them at that price.....and only one :-D

Dweverett
02-25-2017, 05:48 PM
If I was closer and didn't have plans I'd definitely check it out. Looks like could be good deals, but the allure of $100 for a pellet smoker is just to get folks there similar to a crazy car deal. I'm sure there is one of them at that price.....and only one :-D

Totally agree. Probably shouldn't have even posted that. That said, if I could get a refurbished mini for something like $350 I'd be pretty happy.

Particularly knowing hos they support the product post sale.

Unfortunately, it would have to be a really great deal to justify the drive from CT

Jason TQ
02-25-2017, 08:02 PM
Totally agree. Probably shouldn't have even posted that. That said, if I could get a refurbished mini for something like $350 I'd be pretty happy.

Particularly knowing hos they support the product post sale.

Unfortunately, it would have to be a really great deal to justify the drive from CT

I'd still be interested to see what they are actually going for if I was closer. Maybe a few deals.

Colonel Korn
02-28-2017, 06:39 PM
One thing to consider is that you can get the 40# bags of pellets for half price ($20). Most people order them via Amazon Prime, as it's about $1/lb, but since it's a short drive for me (2 hours), I usually pick up 200# at a time. I just so happened to run out of pellets while doing my brisket cook this weekend, and will be stocking up. I have been wanting to get the cold smoker box and the stainless steel second shelf for the inside, but I might wind up coming back with a mini. 8)

wmarkw
02-28-2017, 07:21 PM
well since i'm with in 20 mins of augusta i'd be dumb not to check it out. sounds like people might be camping out though and only 200 units they'll go fast. i'm in the market for one actually. i have a vendor through work that can get a Teton NTWF Pellet cooker for $200. Similar to a treager and i'm getting 2. but man rec tec's are better. hmmm

eta: I'm scanning some of the Rec Tec's post on their FB page and looks like the range of the 680 will be from $125-$899. They normally go for $999 I think. Per their comments these are 5 years worth of grills that have been used in demos and local things, etc. The lower range are grease fire grill that need a paint job. All work fine but are ugly. "They've all been checked and are fully operational. The warranty is 30 days and all sales final. If anything fails it's generally under $30 to repair. We are selling these cheap and that's not a gimmick to get you here. We need them gone, it's 5 years worth of grills. Some will have the full warranty that are brand new with tiny blemishes."

Not sure if its worth the hassle. People are talking about camping out. New models are supposed to hit this summer i think too.

Colonel Korn
02-28-2017, 08:04 PM
I can say that when I went there a few months ago after getting my 680 (I got it right after Father's Day last year) to get a cover for it. I just didn't have the money at the time to get the whole shootin' match. I was prepared to drop $120 on a cover, but I wound up getting one for $20 as an open box buy. They're great people, with great customer service. Every part that can go wrong on it, you can change out in under 5 minutes, but I'd suspect that it would be worth your while to at least check it out. Even though we're passionate about our hobby, it's asking a lot to get current owners to come buy another used unit, much less 200 prospective owners.

I'm inclined to pick up one of the minis if they have one available, but I do plan on going to get pellets regardless. You should come lay eyes on them, and lift the lid at least, if you're nearby!

Blue BBQ
02-28-2017, 08:28 PM
Just got a Yoder YS1500 today. Surely the rectec is a god smoker you may want to check the Yoders out.