PDA

View Full Version : 24x65 SF SMOKER AKA Big Brenda finished

M&WCooking
02-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Just finished doing a few fabs to our 24x65 elevated straightback with roof and want to show it off. We received our smoker in November and let me say working with Tyler was a pleasure. We decided to go with a 3 rack main chamber with remote grease drain and a stainless shelf to cover the fender well (gives us more room on the table and while it looks big really doesn't interfere at all). We had Tyler add 2 burners on the front with wind barriers and a griddle that hides away with 2 probe inserts on the main chamber and 1 on the warmer. The firebox is insulated w/ reverse sear grate and baffle block and on top has a 4 rack warmer with a hip roof so we can get a little more in there. We also asked him for a taller wood box so we could carry more wood for the long hauls which he came through with along with cooler tie downs on the front. He also upgraded the axle for us to a 5200# with trailer brakes (not necessary but makes it easy to stop). We picked up our pit and headed out and that next day did a cook. It was great to cook on but we had some ideas of things that we might be able to add to make it a little bit easier. We started by adding a light bar on the roof above the main chamber and one above the warmer. These lights were very inexpensive and have made it much easier to see. During the process we came up with the idea to add a stereo system so we didn't have to lug around a big bluetooth speaker or something like that so we decided to add a box to the front to house everything. We then added a marine battery, battery charge/maintainer, fuse block, amp and shore plug to keep it all running. We have switches on the outside of the box that control everything and even a bluetooth marine switch so we can adjust volume etc. This is truly an all around custom pit that we could not be happier with. The guys at SF did a great job and the cooker cooks perfectly and we could not be happier. We looked at lots of cookers from Lang to Gator Pit and everything in between and we know we made the best decision going with the SF. I will post some pictures of some cooks we did and the amazing food that is being brought to people with this purchase.

Jason TQ
02-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Looks freaking boss!

cowgirl
02-19-2017, 12:25 PM
Nice! :cool:
Nothing finer than a Shirley. imo

M&WCooking
02-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Thank you we are really enjoying it!!

Shagdog
02-19-2017, 02:03 PM
That thing is AWESOME! :clap:

pjtexas1
02-19-2017, 02:43 PM
That roof is amazing! And the taller wood basket is something I wish I had thought of.

sylntghost
02-19-2017, 05:26 PM
Very nice. I rember that video.

ncmoose
02-19-2017, 05:35 PM
That looks great. Short of the wiring I'm considering a very similar setup

Titch
02-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Fantastic looking rig, you must be proud of it

M&WCooking
02-19-2017, 08:44 PM
We are very proud and do not think it could have turned out any better .... now time to do some cooking

Ayvatr
02-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Man, that sure beats a couple of umbrellas! Nice looking rig.:whoo:

M&WCooking
02-20-2017, 11:56 AM
No doubt about and the way it folds down for hauling and goes back up is very nice ... Great work by Tyler