PDA

View Full Version : Pork Brisket

LloydQ
02-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Some ideas, please. I got a PBC before Christmas, and I bought a bunch of spares for $1.79. The butcher cut them down to St. Louis style, so I have slew of rib meat. Any recipe or cooking recommendations for the brisket (I have always called that brisket. Is this correct?) I have a ton!
I would also like to Like to share some pics of a meat grinding session I had recently. Got some whole sirloin at $2.67 per lb., so I jumped on it. I tried to get the butcher to sell me some fat, and he they can't, against store policy. "If you can't sell it to me, give it to me," I said. He grinned, and said, "Come back in the morning". He loaded my wagon with free ribeye fat! I made 50 lbs. of ground sirloin for $115.00! Crap.
Sorry, no pix according to the webmasters.

LYU370
02-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Up here we call those rib tips. Cook em up just like ribs, sauce em and cut em up in chunks. That's some good eatin.

Stingerhook
02-09-2017, 01:58 AM
Throw them in with some jerk seasoning, on the smoker and enjoy.

Badjak
02-09-2017, 03:29 AM
Sounds like you had a good deal!

IamMadMan
02-09-2017, 04:25 AM
We call those rib tips. Cook em up just like ribs, sauce em and cut em up in chunks.

Also call them "rib tips" and can be bought at BJ's as rib tips / rib trimmings. I guess they sell everything.

You can save them for when you make sausage but for the most part, unless I have a lot, I cook them with the ribs. They make an awesome snack for the cook and the helper.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures when they are online.

LloydQ
02-09-2017, 06:28 AM
Let me try some pictures again.

Big-Joe
02-09-2017, 06:34 AM
Wow thats a lot of burger. Nice score

legendaryhog
02-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Up here we call those rib tips. Cook em up just like ribs, sauce em and cut em up in chunks. That's some good eatin.

Yep, they're called rib tips here too. My favorite part of the full spare ribs. I'd rather have some good tips than a rib bone. Nice and fatty they just suck up the sauce (if you're into that kind of thing....and you know how to make good sauce :razz:). Cook them just like this.

LloydQ
02-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Wow thats a lot of burger. Nice score

That was 5 hours from slicing to grinding to mixing to packaging. Well worth it. No eyeballs or lips involved.