PDA

View Full Version : Blue Hogs, Meat Church, 3Eyz.. Wow !!!

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Rubs and sauce came last week and was super excited to try them after hearing nothing but good about them on here..
2 slabs of back ribs as my store was out of spares. Seasoned and went into fridge for about 4 hrs.

Sorry i didnt get pics before i sauced them

Me and the wifey loved them the flavor of the rubs. Both are good but i love the 3eyz. I will make sure not to run out of it. (Who said its for beef only).

Blue Hogs... Wow!! The best sauce i've ever had. Another must have and will never run out of it either. Im not even a sauce guy but with Blue Hogs i think i will be saucing more then usual..

Didnt get a chance to use the Plowboyz... Any suggestions on what to use it on for the SB cook ?

I dont know why the last 2 pics are upside down.

Thanks for looking !!

SpratBoy
02-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Wow - really nice lookin' ribs -
I tried the Blues Hog recently for the first time & I too, will make certain I don't run out!!

Did you "doctor" up any of the sauces, or did you just use them straight up?

D&D BBQ
02-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Looks outstanding! Gotta to try the 3Eyes... As for Plowboys Yardbird, go with what the name says- chicken! Glaze with BH thinned with some apple juice. Also good on ribs.

Smoking Piney
02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Awesome looking bones! :thumb:

Plowboy's Yardbird is a staple rub for me. It's great on chicken, but it's also slamming on pork...especially ribs.

MisterChrister
Mighty fine work ya done there!

bigdog10
Man those look good!!!

KevinJ
02-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Nice looking bones Blues Hog Tennessee Red is my favorite sauce, I'm not much of a sauce guy either.

toymaster
02-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Been using 3 Eyz rub since I took their class a few years ago. Great stuff :thumb:. Blues Hog - I think half the US uses this stuff. Plowboys is great on chicken. Use it on wings.

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Wow - really nice lookin' ribs -
I tried the Blues Hog recently for the first time & I too, will make certain I don't run out!!

Did you "doctor" up any of the sauces, or did you just use them straight up?

Thank you !! No i just used the sauces straight up. Wanted to taste them before i tried anything. Both the sauces are good, idk which i like more. Going to mix the 2 and try that on Sun.

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Looks outstanding! Gotta to try the 3Eyes... As for Plowboys Yardbird, go with what the name says- chicken! Glaze with BH thinned with some apple juice. Also good on ribs.

Thanks!! Ya, it does need to be thined out some and was wonderimg what to use. Might just have to try the apple juice!

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Awesome looking bones! :thumb:

Plowboy's Yardbird is a staple rub for me. It's great on chicken, but it's also slamming on pork...especially ribs.

Thank you sir !! Hmmmm might just have to try it on 1 of the many slabs ill have in the smoker on Sun. Thanks!!

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Mighty fine work ya done there!

Thank you!!

toymaster
02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks!! Ya, it does need to be thined out some and was wonderimg what to use. Might just have to try the apple juice!

Thin it out with Blues Hog Tennessee Red. That's what a lot of comp teams do (including me)

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Man those look good!!!

Thank you!! They tasted just as good to:grin:

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Nice looking bones Blues Hog Tennessee Red is my favorite sauce, I'm not much of a sauce guy either.

Thank you ! I really dont care for vinegar but i wanted to taste it so i ordered it as well(not in pic). I was ok but liked it much better when i mixed the 2 sauces . Will try it like that on some ribs before i say no to vinegar based sauces...

toymaster
02-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Those ribs do look good. And those are the straightest rib bones I've seen in a long time.

tjv
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Similar to Blues Hog is Sticky Pig but Sticky Pig has some heat on the backend. Their mustard is excellent.

Suggest going on the lighter side first time with Plowboy's Yardbird. little goes a ways.

t

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Been using 3 Eyz rub since I took their class a few years ago. Great stuff :thumb:. Blues Hog - I think half the US uses this stuff. Plowboys is great on chicken. Use it on wings.

Agreed, it is some great suff... Def will try yardbird on some wings.. Thanks!!

KevinJ
02-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Thank you ! I really dont care for vinegar but i wanted to taste it so i ordered it as well(not in pic). I was ok but liked it much better when i mixed the 2 sauces . Will try it like that on some ribs before i say no to vinegar based sauces...
We all have different tastes, I like it because of the thinner vinegar base, has a little kick to it and it's not thick and sweet like most sauces.

My wife really doesn't like it either although we like making the vinegar based slaw and she'll substitute some of the apple cider vinegar with Tenn Red gives it some pop.

She likes her BBQ sauce, even when I make some killer dry rub ribs she's going to throw some sauce on them and prefers the Blues Hog Original or Sweet Baby Rays :shocked: :tape:

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Those ribs do look good. And those are the straightest rib bones I've seen in a long time.

Thank you !!

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Similar to Blues Hog is Sticky Pig but Sticky Pig has some heat on the backend. Their mustard is excellent.

Suggest going on the lighter side first time with Plowboy's Yardbird. little goes a ways.

t

I like heat:grin: . Ill have to check that out, thanks!

jeffeg
02-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Why are you cooking that beer?

cheez59
02-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Awesome looking ribs but I do believe they are St Louis cut.

Blues Hog and Yardbird are long time staples at my house.

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 04:06 PM
:crazy::crazy::pound:Why are you cooking that beer?

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Awesome looking ribs but I do believe they are St Louis cut.

Blues Hog and Yardbird are long time staples at my house.

Thank you !!..They said back ribs. St.Louis was $1 more per pound. I just buy spares and cut down myself...

KevinJ
02-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Thank you !!..They said back ribs. St.Louis was $1 more per pound. I just buy spares and cut down myself...That's what I do, trim them and cook the Tips along with the St Louis cut Ribs, pull the Tip meat to use later. The last couple of cooks I've done full spares and liked the results.

JS-TX
02-03-2017, 04:33 PM
All winners right there! 3Eyez is some really good rub!

Right on Q
02-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Good looking ribs!

Yardbird is great on chicken and pork equally IMO

IamMadMan
02-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Rubs and sauce came last week and was super excited to try them after hearing nothing but good about them on here..

I dont know why the last 2 pics are upside down.

Must be the empty Firestone Walker.. lol

Great looking ribs, nice color.

I really dont care for vinegar but i wanted to taste it so i ordered Tennessee Red as well(not in pic). I was ok but liked it much better when i mixed the 2 sauces . Will try it like that on some ribs before i say no to vinegar based sauces...

I'm not a fan of vinegar sauces either, but mixed at a 60/40 ratio by weight, it's great stuff...

chet8888
02-03-2017, 05:57 PM
I mixed Blues Hog regular and the Tennessee Red 50/50-- that was magic. I keep it in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator for everything- vegetables, chicken, cereal- -whatever.

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 06:13 PM
All winners right there! 3Eyez is some really good rub!

Yes sir.. I do agree !

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Good looking ribs!

Yardbird is great on chicken and pork equally IMO

Thanks !! Ya, im goin to try it on some ribs on Sun

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Must be the empty Firestone Walker.. lol

Great looking ribs, nice color.

No sir, it was not empty...
Thanks alot !!

I'm not a fan of vinegar sauces either, but mixed at a 60/40 ratio by weight, it's great stuff...

60/40 sounds even better. Def will try !! Thanks again

lwdbo1
02-03-2017, 06:22 PM
I mixed Blues Hog regular and the Tennessee Red 50/50-- that was magic. I keep it in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator for everything- vegetables, chicken, cereal- -whatever.

Yes.. Going to try 50/50 1st theen the 60/40... Cereal ? Lol:biggrin1:

Doog
02-03-2017, 06:33 PM
I use Plowboys for chicken or porkbutts. I like mixing Red Hog and Sweet Baby Rays together.

Big George's BBQ
02-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Nice bones. I buy blue Hobbs by the gallon. Great sauce. Three eyes this great stuff a really nice rub

lwdbo1
02-04-2017, 03:22 AM
I use Plowboys for chicken or porkbutts. I like mixing Red Hog and Sweet Baby Rays together.

I cant wait to try it on a butt....
I havn't had a nice butt in awhile :biggrin1:

lwdbo1
02-04-2017, 03:33 AM
Nice bones. I buy blue Hobbs by the gallon. Great sauce. Three eyes this great stuff a really nice rub
Live and learn:grin:...Hell, i didnt even have an off set (Shirley) till i came across all of you great Brethere's..

Thanks guys !!