PDA

View Full Version : Another Shirley shipping thread

DBBQ
02-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Build will start in the next few days. 24x50 modified trailer. I got a quote to ship it for 1800 today to Washington State (north of Seattle). Anyone recently had one shipped to the west coast and recommend a shipper?

Seefyre
02-01-2017, 02:53 AM
I was able to get mine shipped to the Vancouver, Wa. area for $1100 including lift gate service at my home.

I checked the online freight broker I used and they are no longer around but there are others, you have to spend a lot of time on the phone, be willing to scrutinize contracts and make sure you insure the load to include the cost of shipping.

One of the things that helped unlock a lower rate was not crating the smoker and sending pics showing how mobile the unit was.

I also gave the shipment plenty of time to get here, in my case close to two weeks.

Sorry for no direct references. I took me a month to finally lock down a deal if that helps.

CT-Mike
02-01-2017, 04:59 AM
Many people use U-Ship to get a variety of quotes. Might want to check it out.

BBQ Freak
02-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Hit up AzRaptor he got his shipped for a great price but can not rember the name for sure , something like Western Am .

DanB
02-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Many people use U-Ship to get a variety of quotes. Might want to check it out.

U ship is what got my Shirley to NJ.Took awhile to get a GOOD price.
DanB

BBQ Freak
02-01-2017, 04:59 PM
I found the company he used and they charged him $600 to Arizona , it is Westam Transport and this is their Uship page but I would call them directly http://www.uship.com/profile/Westam/

DBBQ
02-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks all. I am going to check those options out.

jmellor
02-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Not west coast and not Shirley....but....for what its worth if you are considering home delivery....
I recently had my LoneStar 24x48 shipped. The biggest issue was the liftgate delivery. Took three tries. I would make sure, particularly since you are shipping a trailer rig, that they have a lift gate that supports the size. And that they have it positioned in the truck to actually unload it.

Or since its a trailer, pick it up at the local transport dock and tow it home. You will save money doing it that way. Maybe that's what you were planning anyway.

Congrats on the new cooker!

DBBQ
02-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Jmellor..Yeah, I was kind of amazed how inexpensive it was to ship my LSG IV up here. They have great shipping rates.