PDA

View Full Version : Trading pulled pork for lumpia.

sylntghost
01-31-2017, 05:03 AM
As the title said I'm making a trade. I will be doing the butt Saturday and giving it to him Monday morning.would you give it to him whole or would you pull it and put it in ziplock bags? I wish I could give it to him the day of the cook but he lives almost 2 hours from me.i work with him and his wife is from Singapore and she is going to make me a batch of lumpia for some BBQ. I'm getting the best end of this trade. Just want them to get the best product also.

Jrogers84
01-31-2017, 05:29 AM
I would chunk it and give it to him. That way he can freeze some if he doesnt plan on eating the whole thing before it goes bad

IamMadMan
01-31-2017, 05:37 AM
I would ask him how he would like to receive it. I have found that some of our friends with Asian heritage don't like American BBQ the way we serve it, especially sandwiches.

If they have adjusted to sandwiches that's great, give it to them pulled and don't forget to include some meat drippings to keep the meat moist.

six501
01-31-2017, 06:55 AM
I WISH I could find someone to do this trade. I lived in Guam for a few years when I was very young, my family had friends who made us lumpia a lot. I need to get my dad to make it for me, he has it down.

aawa
01-31-2017, 07:52 AM
I'm with Iammad. Ask him how he would like to receive it.

PS Making lumpia is super easy. Easier than doing bbq and it takes less time! Thankfully I am Filipino so I know how to make lumpia and bbq!

sylntghost
01-31-2017, 11:05 AM
I'm with Iammad. Ask him how he would like to receive it.

PS Making lumpia is super easy. Easier than doing bbq and it takes less time! Thankfully I am Filipino so I know how to make lumpia and bbq!
For me the Bbq is easier. The last time I did egg rolls it took forever. They looked like crap but they did taste good.

Knothead
01-31-2017, 04:35 PM
Lumpia is my favorite thing to eat while drinking beer. It freezes well so if you get a big batch you can spread it out over time.

Q Junkie
01-31-2017, 04:45 PM
We have infield motor home spots at the NASCAR races in Vegas and our neighbors there make lumpia every year and we trade them for ribs and pulled pork. Works out real well I think for both of us.

kdub5
01-31-2017, 06:05 PM
Love me some Lumfia. I ate a lot of it in the PI

Jam Jam
01-31-2017, 09:34 PM
Sounds like there won't be any losers in that deal

Badjak
02-01-2017, 12:25 AM
I could do with some lumpia's right now :wink:

NickTheGreat
02-01-2017, 08:43 AM
I'd pull it and put it in foodsaver type bags. No sauce or anything other than the rub and the smoke and the pig. Then he could really use that pork for anything.

I suppose he may prefer it whole, but I'm not quite sure why.

cholloway
02-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Don't be mad if they eat the BBQ and give you veggie lumpia. :-o
Which would not be a totally bad thing either!

sylntghost
02-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Don't be mad if they eat the BBQ and give you veggie lumpia. :-o
Which would not be a totally bad thing either!
He gave me the lumpia yesterday . It was pork and veggies and so good. His wife made me 50.so I put some in the freezer

mikett
02-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Love me some Lumpia! Dip it in some sweet and sour type sauce, YUM!

aawa
02-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Love me some Lumpia! Dip it in some sweet and sour type sauce, YUM!

Instead of sweet and sour sauce, try it with Sweet Chili sauce and be amazed.

aawa
02-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Here is the sweet chili sauce we use. We get it from the Asian Market vs getting it from Amazon.

Amazon.com : Sweet Chili Sauce for Chicken - 12oz (Pack of 1) : Grocery & Gourmet Food