PDA

View Full Version : Baby Backs and Country Style Ribs today -

Jersey BBQ
01-29-2017, 08:24 AM
So Melvin comes back out of the garage today - want to do some baby backs and some country style for my wife. ( She was the one that told me not to try and build a tank smoker but to just buy one )

Couple questions -
Thinking simple ribs as I don't have any rub here and not a lot of supplies to make one. SPOG ? What is the ratio for that that most use ? Just Salt and Pepper actually makes a nice rib..Did that last time but looking to you all for some ideas.
Planned on putting a little Rufus Teague maple whiskey sauce on them while finishing on the smoker.
Thanks for the ideas in advance !

dadsr4
01-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Which kind of salt? Remember, you can always add salt. A rough ratio by volume is
1/4 part table salt or 1/2 part kosher salt
1 part pepper
1/2 part granulated or powdered garlic
1/2 part granulated or powdered onion

Jersey BBQ
01-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Which kind of salt? Remember, you can always add salt. A rough ratio by volume is
1/4 part table salt or 1/2 part kosher salt
1 part pepper
1/2 part granulated or powdered garlic
1/2 part granulated or powdered onion

Oh sorry - Kosher salt
Thank you

dadsr4
01-29-2017, 08:43 AM
Oh sorry - Kosher salt
Thank you
It's best to mix by weight, especially the salt. Even different brands of kosher salt weigh different for the same volume. The ratio I listed is for Mortons kosher salt.

Jersey BBQ
01-29-2017, 08:49 AM
It's best to mix by weight, especially the salt. Even different brands of kosher salt weigh different for the same volume. The ratio I listed is for Mortons kosher salt.

That's what I have and that's what I will do.. Thanks !

Smokey Lonesome
01-29-2017, 06:28 PM
How'd the ribs turnout on Day 2 with the MC120P?