PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Foods

tony76248
02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
About two weeks ago my wife ran into a co-worker from about 10 years ago. He explained to her that he was a rep working for a company called Bruce Foods http://www.brucefoods.com/ and she later comes home and asks me if I am familiar with them. Well yes, I say and tell her about all of their wonderful products, some of which she knew about but didn't recognize as being Bruce Foods.

Anyway, the next day she sent him an email and told him about us starting to compete in cookoffs and he said he would be at the NBS (Nations Best Sports) show at the convention center in Ft Worth last weekend and we could stop by and he would give us some product. He said bring a big box.

Well I took two big boxes. My wife couldn't load hers all the way in that they got quite heavy. Anyway, we got about 10 different marinades a whole slew of injectors, about 20 bottles of hot sauces and some catfish cookin fixins. He also started telling me about a smoker that they carry http://www.brucefoods.com/ciweb04/cifrontpageb.html it is a masterbuilt. Anyway, I said I had a good smoker and couldn't use electric in competition. But I did mention, that we would like a sponsor and we could hang his banners. He said that sounded like a good idea but he wanted me to try his product first.

Man, he was a great guy. You gotta love new friends and old ones.

Last weekend I used their Cajun Butter (at my wifes direction) injection mixed with Swansons Beef Broth and produced about the best brisket I have ever made.

I have all of the injectors but only use the needles as I have built a really good injector that holds a half gallon. I will post a few pics of it in another post. All in all, the products are really good, I am sure folks here have tried them and if you would, let me know what their other marinades are like. I have all of them that I know of.

I guess this qualifies as a score!!!!

Bill-Chicago
02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Love the entire Canjun Injection line.

It must suck to get all that awesome free stuff!!

tony76248
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Love the entire Canjun Injection line.

It must suck to get all that awesome free stuff!!

To top that off, I joined the IBCA on Wednesday night and bought five raffle tickets. I won a big ol box of heavy duty foil 750'..... Funny thing was another guy joined that night too and he won the other box.

Double Score!!!!

Greendriver
02-09-2007, 01:57 PM
But I did mention, that we would like a sponsor and we could hang his banners. He said that sounded like a good idea but he wanted me to try his product first.

You lucky rascal. If you can get him to sponser you that will be better than anything else.

I did the Dr Chicken Double Smoked ham during the holidays using that Cajun Creole Butter injection (Good Stuff).

we'll smoke u
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
THATS A SCORE BROTHER!!!!!!!

SmokeyBear
02-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I use their Hickory Grill rub a lot, especially on beef and taters.

QansasjayhawQ
02-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm just getting started with BBQ and smokin' and stuff . . . but when it comes down to business operations . . . I've been around the block a few times.

What it comes down to (for the IRS) is this: are you taking money or its equivalent from another party with the hopes of making a profit?

IF this is the case, then you have a WIDE RANGE of expenses that you will need to pay for AND write off - OR - that you will need to account for.

I know - I hate it too, as a True Reality Child who would rather not even begin to play those adult games, but face them we must!

More details upon request . . .

/Brother Dave

tony76248
02-10-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm just getting started with BBQ and smokin' and stuff . . . but when it comes down to business operations . . . I've been around the block a few times.

What it comes down to (for the IRS) is this: are you taking money or its equivalent from another party with the hopes of making a profit?

IF this is the case, then you have a WIDE RANGE of expenses that you will need to pay for AND write off - OR - that you will need to account for.

I know - I hate it too, as a True Reality Child who would rather not even begin to play those adult games, but face them we must!

More details upon request . . .

/Brother Dave

Actually I am not concerned with that. I like to keep it fun and haven't a worry in the world with the IRS.