PDA

View Full Version : Insta pot,,roast

roncoinc
01-08-2017, 07:06 PM
with football all day and temps about 5 degrees and a grass fed angus bottom round roast in the fridge needing cooking,,,,,and a snowstorm finishing up..,,,i wasn't about to go outside and tend a fire to cook :)

this thing is the lazy cook's answer to most everything.

yeh,,it aint "Q" but i got a good meal with very little work and watched HOURS of football and got to drink lots of beer with just a push of a button :)

all in one pot..

anybody else try one of these ??

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/roncoinc/AS/MVC-121F.jpg

plated with gravy

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/roncoinc/AS/MVC-122F.jpg

beer and cola and spog coated it all and made an awesome cold wx supper with little work :)

BillN
01-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Your right, it's not Que but it sure looks delicious... perfect meal for a cold day.

Richard_
01-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Nothing wrong with breaking out the slow cooker , I don't use mine as much as I should , ok , I read what the insta pot is , it's more than a slow cooker , pretty cool !

kathicooks
01-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Love my Instant Pot! I will be using the pressure cooker setting tomorrow to make a lamb stew. I use it to make yogurt that's better than anything you can buy. And if you like hard boiled eggs it's the best way to make easy peel eggs.
It's great having one tool that's useful for so many things.

roncoinc
01-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Nothing wrong with breaking out the slow cooker , I don't use mine as much as I should , ok , I read what the insta pot is , it's more than a slow cooker , pretty cool !

An hour to cook a 3lb roast is not a "slow" cooker :)

tho the insta pot will also slow cook.

some using it to sous vide ,, tho thats tricky i think..

i'm thinking smoking something for flavor then in the pot to finish ?

Jason TQ
01-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Love my pressure cooker. We do all kinds of stuff in ours. Looks great!

Big George's BBQ
01-08-2017, 08:24 PM
That is perfect comfort food

ChrisBarb
01-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I don't have an Insta-Pot. But I do have a Cuisinart electric pressure cooker, which is the same thing. Agree, pot roast comes out great cooked that way.

Wetsmoke
01-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Boy!! Amazing turkey broth using my instant pot, the turkey carcass that was cooked on my Big Easy for Thanksgiving. Also use it for plain yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, slow cooker setting for chili, and beef stew. Beats cooking outside in the rainy weather here in the winter. The Instant Pot is pretty versatile.

daninnewjersey
01-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Hey....I see your name is RonCo. Are you the actual Ron Popeil?? That would be so friggin cool.....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mrtodd777
01-09-2017, 11:53 AM
We just received an instant pot for Christmas and so far it has been really awesome. Share some of your favorite things to cook in it please!! I am dying to see what this puppy can do.

ChrisBarb
01-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Hey....I see your name is RonCo. Are you the actual Ron Popeil?? That would be so friggin cool.....:mrgreen::mrgreen:Ha ha. OP is busted! :cop: LOL!

Save
Save

BBQchef33
01-09-2017, 01:00 PM
is that a crock pot/slow cooker or a pressure cooker?

Monte Cristo
01-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Love my insta pot...I've made a bunch of things...my favorite being risotto. Idiot proof awesome risotto in 14 minutes. I also use it to make Lobster stock with the shells. Incredible.

Mrtodd777
01-09-2017, 01:39 PM

all of the above and some. A bunch of functions I have not even messed with yet.

ChrisBarb
01-09-2017, 02:06 PM
It's an electric pressure cooker for the "as seen on TV" crowd.

sturev
01-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Good looking grub! I love my Insta Pot also...

roncoinc
01-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Hey....I see your name is RonCo. Are you the actual Ron Popeil?? That would be so friggin cool.....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sorry,,no...

been using that from a biz way back before him.

roncoinc
01-09-2017, 04:31 PM

It's actually 7 things in one.

that roast i did,cut the fat cap off,,,cut it up into small pieces,,set the pot on saute,,rendered the fat,pulled out the chunks,then fried the roast on all sides in it's fat,,then liquid and went to pressure.

it steams,saute's,boils,hi press cook,low press cook,,slow cooker also.
rice cooker,yogurt maker,,etc...

look it up.

insta pot

when wind chill is below zero,,,and i cant cook it on or in the wood stove,,it comes in handy :)
let me put a lot of cooking tools out in the shed too.

roncoinc
01-09-2017, 04:38 PM
It's an electric pressure cooker for the "as seen on TV" crowd.

I haven't seen it on TV,,but i don't watch much..

very hi quality product.

Amazon prime black fri deal,,think it was $64 delivered ?
and MUCH more than just a press cooker :)

hope the rain later this week clears some snow so i can get to my wood burner outside !!'
i'm from NE also.

ChrisBarb
01-09-2017, 04:52 PM
(Ya. New England... need to shovel a path out to the cookers.... the Southern boys don't know how easy they have it!)

Back on topic. It is a pressure cooker. They just added some pre-sets to make it somewhat simpler. My Cuisinart electric pressure cooker does the same things:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/bd/bdb3c468-4a25-4f96-91c4-fc1aa76a5d09_1000.jpgSave

roncoinc
01-09-2017, 05:02 PM
(Ya. New England... need to shovel a path out to the cookers.... the Southern boys don't know how easy they have it!)

Back on topic. It is a pressure cooker. They just added some pre-sets to make it somewhat simpler. My Cuisinart electric pressure cooker does the same things:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/bd/bdb3c468-4a25-4f96-91c4-fc1aa76a5d09_1000.jpgSave

Thats a well known good one also and a very well made unit.

lacking some of the bell's and whistles and functions ,,but that name means a lot has went into the product.