PDA

View Full Version : Particle board bbq- a co-worker

wrinklenuts
12-25-2016, 07:12 PM
The other day a new co-worker brought in leftover ribs and he wanted to share. I was like what kind of wood did you use? He said left over particle board. I was like no thanks on the bbq. What was he thinking? WTF?:doh:

zitterich246
12-25-2016, 07:25 PM
:shock::shock::shock:

IamMadMan
12-25-2016, 08:03 PM
:doh: One of those moments where it wouldn't do help if you said anything. Just run the other direction when he brings food in next time.

Bigdawg580
12-25-2016, 08:38 PM
I think i may know that guy. I had a friend at deer camp offered me a nice juicy T-Bone stake. Cooked over a nice pile of pine wood. I had to use the Hemlich maneuver on him to free him from choking on the meat. Lol

pjtexas1
12-25-2016, 08:53 PM
I was wondering where my ex-bil ended up at.

wrinklenuts
12-25-2016, 09:07 PM
I think i may know that guy. I had a friend at deer camp offered me a nice juicy T-Bone stake. Cooked over a nice pile of pine wood. I had to use the Hemlich maneuver on him to free him from choking on the meat. Lol

Too funny!

Rocky Branch BBQ
12-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Well, it's Christmas and particle board from pine has that Christmas kinda smell. Maybe he was in the Christmas spirit and wanted to just share the spirit. I would think it was probably, well- not very flavorsome, but he was trying to be into the season of sharing. Invite him over to the house soon and show him "this is how its done, and BTW-Happy New Year's".

dwfisk
12-26-2016, 08:09 AM
True story:
Old black man had a BBQ tent on a popular corner for 25+ years; good ribs & great chicken. Old man passed away and one of his sons tried to continue. I stop by one day to get some 1/2 chickens to take home and the son starts going on about how he just scorred a bunch of surplus fenceboard (we are in FL horse country) to cook with. I looked behind his cook shed and there is a giant pile of used 1X6 fence boards, some PT, some PT painted with asphalt, some creosote treated.
Passed on the take out, never went back!

jasonjax
12-26-2016, 08:12 AM
True story:
Old black man had a BBQ tent on a popular corner for 25+ years; good ribs & great chicken. Old man passed away and one of his sons tried to continue. I stop by one day to get some 1/2 chickens to take home and the son starts going on about how he just scorred a bunch of surplus fenceboard (we are in FL horse country) to cook with. I looked behind his cook shed and there is a giant pile of used 1X6 fence boards, some PT, some PT painted with asphalt, some creosote treated.
Passed on the take out, never went back!

Scary .....

We had some trustees at the P-farm cooking hotdogs over a fire made out of PT pallets.

AceQue
12-26-2016, 05:10 PM
oof! That makes me cringe just thinking about it

Right on Q
12-26-2016, 09:26 PM
WHAT THE WHAT?!?!? :shock::bolt::behindsofa: