PDA

View Full Version : Long overdue kudos for ThermoWorks

bonehead762
12-20-2016, 08:16 PM
I apologize to ThermoWorks for not posting this sooner.

I had some trouble with my Extra-Speedy-Fast Orange Thermapen. Called ThemoWorks and asked for advice and they gave me some info and said to try it or I could just send it in. I decided to send it in as I needed it to work asap. I had it back and was using it within a week. Kyle and ThermoWorks were wonderful and awesome. Now I have an Extra-Speedy-Fast Lime Green Thermapen.

Thanks very much to Kyle and ThermoWorks!

Randy3269
12-20-2016, 09:16 PM
Great folks for sure!

six501
12-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Love them. Got old Thermapen, new Thermapen MK, ThermaQ meat head kid and now a Smoke coming. Also they send jelly beans in the packages.

Right on Q
12-21-2016, 09:16 AM
Good choice! Lime green is the fastest! :razz:

HawgHeaven
12-21-2016, 10:05 AM
They are quality all the way... Love their products and customer service! I own three Thermapens, and I just recently got three Thermopops. They are really handy in a kitchen environment... fit nicely in your pocket of choice, and are fast and accurate. One of them is a Christmas present for my li'l sous chef Emily, my 8 year old grand daughter. :mrgreen:

cheez59
12-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Good people with first class products and unbeatable service. I have a half dozen of their products and cannot say enough good about them.

My new red Thermapen Mk4 is the fastest of the fast.:razz:

Aceman
12-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Good choice! Lime green is the fastest! :razz:

OK, I don't know much about Thermapen. I admit that. But what's with the colors? I see on here people not just saying they got one, but always saying "I bought the orange one" or so on. I priced them recently and based on color, the price actually changed. Why?

toymaster
12-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Thermoworks makes great products and I replaced all of my old thermometers with Thermopens (Camouflage of course), DOT's, Chef Alarm and ThermoPops. Also love the fact that they share the same probes so I don't have to carry separate spares for each to a comp.

IXL
12-21-2016, 01:52 PM
OK, I don't know much about Thermapen. I admit that. But what's with the colors? I see on here people not just saying they got one, but always saying "I bought the orange one" or so on. I priced them recently and based on color, the price actually changed. Why?

Its just a bit of a running gag: "my (insert color) one is the fastest!," as Thermapens are one of the fastest reading thermometers available. And, since they come in so many colors, people are running with the gag. However, in all seriousness, my oh-so-rare periwinkle one is hands down the fastest ever made. Ever. True story.

As for the color/price discrepancy, usually it matters not what color is ordered, of the standard colored ones, they are all the same price. The exceptions I have seen are the short-run special-graphics pens (which sell for a premium), or when the factory winds up with a whole bunch of one or two colors that just don't sell well: these seem to be offered at a better deal from time to time. These are also the slowest of the pens.....and have never been offered in periwinkle.