PDA

View Full Version : Ask for forgiveness

yoursangoma
12-20-2016, 10:43 AM
Went to Walmart last night to get something the wife needed. I'd been seeing people posting about the 28" Blackstone's still available and even at a deeper discount than black Friday. My wife didn't want me to get one until we moved into a bigger house. Looking for what my wife needed, I see 6 of them sitting on the top rack. Same price as black Friday. Picked one up knowing I would have to ask for forgiveness, since asking for permission didn't work. Told her I bought one and how great of a deal it was and that I didn't plan on breaking it out of the box until we moved. She asked me, "Where are you going to keep it?" Like I said, in the box. "So you are going to unpack it and use it then put it back in the box every time?" Told her, "No, I'm not going to take it out yet" She says "I doubt you are going to put it away every time after you use it"

I think she can see the writing on the wall...

daninnewjersey
12-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Hey just get the thing into the house.....

greenmountainsmoke
12-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Heavy lifting is already done: you didn't have to take it back :-D

HuskyJW
12-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Just unpack it now. Rip the band aid off.

:wink:

4ever3
12-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Well... Is breakfast ready?

JohnnyB
12-20-2016, 11:14 AM
The good ones know when we can and can't keep our word, when it comes to things we're really into.

yoursangoma
12-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Just curious from others that have this thing already, it says that it folds up for easy transport. Does anyone have a photo of what it looks like when folded up?

cholloway
12-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Most females would have said "Oh boy, we're gettin' a bigger house!"

blazinfire
12-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Man our wal-mart has a stack of 8-10 of them still sitting in the isle for 99 bucks! I have a 36in I need to do a full re-seasoning on the top. Suppose to be nice this week and I have a new tank of propane!

I almost bought a 28" for absolutely no reason. I don't need one. But every time I walked by one, I say "For 99 bucks I should buy one". Couple of those times I knew I had enough money to buy one. It hurt even more.

Mikebeme
12-20-2016, 12:55 PM
It was a cheap box and I accidentally tore it in half.

sylntghost
12-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Great score.. it works out good at my house..my wife is always bringing home something and saying what a great deal it was so when I do it it ain't so bad.:heh:

pjtexas1
12-20-2016, 06:23 PM
I can't remember how many times the wife has said it was 40% off so I had to buy it. It all works out.

BillN
12-20-2016, 06:28 PM
:heh::heh:

bigdog10
12-20-2016, 06:51 PM
If she hasn't made you buy that new purse for her your good to go..

jham0077
12-20-2016, 08:57 PM
It was a cheap box and I accidentally tore it in half.

Did it "accidentally" set itself up and cook something too.......:biggrin1:

And it's always been easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission. Mines not too observant so I could get by for a little while before she noticed.

Wood Fire Steel
12-20-2016, 10:06 PM
I broke down and got a 28" today as well. Got a bit of an eye roll, but it is in the house. Not real sure why I needed one, but I did. Now to look up how to season the bad boy. You guys are yet to get me in a world of hurt drooling over your toys. She did not resist the Shirley Fab smoker the deposit is down on. Now she didn't resist the blackstone. What else can I muscle in while this streak is on?

Bob Ivey
12-20-2016, 10:19 PM
My wife knows I am not obeying her moratorium on BBQ purchases but I just keep the dollars and item size as small as possible. The asking for permission thing doesn't go over all that well. Sounds like you have a great situation there. Congrats.

BBQ Freak
12-20-2016, 10:29 PM
I never ask for forgiveness , I have my mad money and my wife has hers . try buying a $5,000 cooker , I might get a eye roll but that does not bother me :mrgreen:

Robert
12-21-2016, 06:53 AM
the 28" Blackstone's still available and even at a deeper discount than black Friday.

So did I miss the price? How much more was it discounted? It might inspire me to go look locally. Although I have been holding out for the 36, deeply discounted might work better.

Thanks,

Robert

cholloway
12-21-2016, 11:57 AM
I went for the multi-tasker Blackstone Tailgater unit. Smaller but, since I mostly cook just for one, I don't need the larger ones.
This way I can thin the herd by moving the STOK Island gasser & my stand-alone crawfish cooker/fish fryer.
Made sense to me anyway.

yoursangoma
12-21-2016, 12:02 PM
the 28" Blackstone's still available and even at a deeper discount than black Friday.

So did I miss the price? How much more was it discounted? It might inspire me to go look locally. Although I have been holding out for the 36, deeply discounted might work better.

Thanks,

Robert

Mine was still at Black Friday pricing. $100. But look online and the cheapest I could find was $160.

Things have been busy at home getting ready for Christmas and all, so I think if I break it out now, I might get something more serious than :roll: .

I probably should stay away from this website so I don't get in any more trouble.

HuskerMan
12-21-2016, 12:17 PM

Thanks,

Robert

My local Walmart had six of them marked down to $79 so about $20 cheaper than Black Friday. Now they only have 5.

cayenne
12-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Whatever happened to the "golden rule"?
He who makes the most gold....makes the rules!!

;)

Lordkifar
12-21-2016, 02:47 PM
I confuse my wife...bought so many cookers and pits, then sold some off then bought more then sold....she no longer knows what I have :-D....

cholloway
12-21-2016, 09:10 PM
I confuse my wife...bought so many cookers and pits, then sold some off then bought more then sold....she no longer knows what I have :-D....

This got me through 33 years at a technical job...
"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B.S."

Lordkifar
12-21-2016, 09:11 PM
This got me through 33 years at a technical job...
"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B.S."

and how.....and how..... :-D

bucko
12-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Tell her if she gets rid of some of her shoes you can keep it in the closet lol

HawgHeaven
12-26-2016, 11:10 AM
I checked out their website, and they stated they had five in stock at my local store, and the store price was $99. I got to the store, and the price was still $161. I confronted the lack of management about it, butt alas... my argument fell on deaf ears. Needless to say, they still have five of them on the shelf. I hate Walmart.