PDA

View Full Version : Shirley Fab on the Road at Tom Leonard's Richmond

Ayvatr
12-17-2016, 04:51 PM
My good friend Tom asked if I would cook at his store to add to the Christmas spirit and also to see Chernobyl at work. I delivered the cooker yesterday evening to get it in place before this mornings ice storm. That was a good move on our part.
I returned this AM and got her fired up with my new Flame Thrower from Northern Tool! Way to cool. Up to temp in about 15 minutes...awesome! Thanks for the advice JTQ and Akoda.
We cooked baby backs, butts, turkeys, chicken, prime rib, sausage, and assorted veggies! Everything turned out spectacular and I will be doing this again.
The Shirley performed as I expected. Considering the number of times the doors were opened, the recovery time was quick and the temps were predictable and stable.
Thank goodness my helper finally showed up. I will have to Doc her pay for being late.....
Merry Christmas all

ShadowDriver
12-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Looks delicious!

Sounds like "Chernobyl" gets "glowing reviews," thus far, eh?

Stingerhook
12-17-2016, 05:31 PM
All looks good, even Santa looks happy.

BBQ Freak
12-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Food looks awesome

Jason TQ
12-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Man those turkeys looked awesome!

TuscaloosaQ
12-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Looks awesome... U better take good care of your helper.... Santa is coming very very very soon!!!

Ayvatr
12-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Looks awesome... U better take good care of your helper.... Santa is coming very very very soon!!!

I will take your advice under advisement!

Big George's BBQ
12-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Nice cook Better be nice to your helper looks like she has a friend with the Big Guy

Clay-b-que
12-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Me wants a SHIRLEY so bad!!! You could have cooked twice as much on that think. So awesome! Lucky man!

Bigbears BBQ
12-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Nice looking grub, congrats on a successful cook

newtwoq
12-17-2016, 07:31 PM
If I had known you were practically in my back yard today, I would have swung by! Good looking cook Ayvatr!

BillN
12-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Oh yeah looks incredible and have a Merry Christmas.

Smith's Pig Pen
12-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Looks great! Congrats on the cooker and look forward to seeing more.

Merry Christmas

Dweverett
12-18-2016, 06:55 AM
Food looks awesome.

I was surprised to see the storefront in the first picture as it clearly is related to Stew Leonards out here in CT. Just read the story on Tom's website -- cool that the son's expanded out.

lwdbo1
12-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Nice job . Food looks great !!

hurricanedavid
12-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Wow, beautiful work...:thumb:

Ayvatr
12-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Food looks awesome.

I was surprised to see the storefront in the first picture as it clearly is related to Stew Leonards out here in CT. Just read the story on Tom's website -- cool that the son's expanded out.
Thanks for the compliment!:biggrin1:
Tom's son and I are trying to make a case for a BBQ take out/ restaurant when Tom decides to expand his operation here in Richmond!

Pstores
12-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the compliment!:biggrin1:
Tom's son and I are trying to make a case for a BBQ take out/ restaurant when Tom decides to expand his operation here in Richmond!

Santa looks very happy with that hottie. A friend of mine did Que at local areas and catering for 2-5 years. After he got a good following and his name set in stone. Facebook helped a lot. He open his BBQ place 3 years ago, it had been the home of many names. But, he marketed his for years before opening. And it was well worth the the time. Think he will be the first place since the 1980's to survive in a bad location. Lol.....

Ayvatr
12-18-2016, 06:13 PM
Santa looks very happy with that hottie. A friend of mine did Que at local areas and catering for 2-5 years. After he got a good following and his name set in stone. Facebook helped a lot. He open his BBQ place 3 years ago, it had been the home of many names. But, he marketed his for years before opening. And it was well worth the the time. Think he will be the first place since the 1980's to survive in a bad location. Lol.....

Your friends plan is pretty much what I have in mind for the next couple of years. I will continue my full time job until I can reliably ease into the BBQ catering world. I will mention to Santa's helper that you paid her a compliment!
Keep warm and keep the Q coming..:biggrin1: