PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Phubar
12-16-2016, 11:45 AM
Tonight duck breasts...tomorrow BBQ at a Phriends place.

Have Phun y'alls!:cool:

greenmountainsmoke
12-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Happy Phriday!!

Take two: gonna season my new grill and smoke some fatties to figure out how she works.

Smoking Piney
12-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Happy Phriday, Pholks!

I've had three weekends in a row of large smoking projects and entertainment. I'm taking the weekend off from big smokes to make a big pot of chili tomorrow.

I do have pickle stuffed, bacon wrapped boneless chicken thighs going on the Egg in about an hour. :-D

Enjoy your weekend!

cyberstrategist
12-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Two briskets and a butt meat-wise. Add sauce to that and I believe it's covered...

Happy smoking all!!

gtr
12-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Pharking working this weekend - no smoking or grilling! :doh:

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu, the crew, and all y'all Pharkers!

AussieMatt
12-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Happy Phriday Phu and pharkers! Doing a Dr Chicken ham tomorrow for the work Christmas do...plus leftovers go to my sandwiches!

Burnt at Both Endz
12-16-2016, 12:38 PM
Happy Phriday too!

I have 6#s of eye of the round being cured/processed for some smoked beef jerky.

newtwoq
12-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Two butts for work people gifts.

sliding_billy
12-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Happy Phriday Pholks! A day early for me yesterday. I ended up working from home yesterday and had a butt that needed cooked. Maybe a roasted Duck is the way to go tomorrow.

sleebus.jones
12-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Did mine a day early too, but did some chicken thighs that turned out just great, so I've got to share. :)

Used bone in, skin on thighs. Coated both sides with melted butter, used Weber's Garlic Sriracha seasoning. Cooked at 350 the whole way with skin side down. Pulled at IT of 170 or so. Really good. Edible skin. Seasoning has great flavor and is not hot like you'd expect. You can be pretty generous with the seasoning.

cowgirl
12-16-2016, 01:07 PM
With the cold front coming through, I'm not smoking or grilling anything this weekend.
In between breaking ice in troughs and feeding animals, I'm going to hunker down with some hot cocoa...maybe RumChata...and watch movies.

Hope you have a great weekend Phu and Brethren. Keep warm!

Smoking Piney
12-16-2016, 01:27 PM
With the cold front coming through, I'm not smoking or grilling anything this weekend.
In between breaking ice in troughs and feeding animals, I'm going to hunker down with some hot cocoa...maybe RumChata...and watch movies.

That is exactly what my wife and I will be doing.......nesting and relaxing with some chili while it's nasty outside.

She loves Rum Chata.......:-D

bbqwizard
12-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Just as long as i can continue to kick this sinus infection in the azz, I'll be Q'en a lot over the course of a few day's... briskets, butts, ribs, ham, fatties, beef tenderloin, and maybe some bread.

Happy Phriday!

Estol Riddle
12-16-2016, 02:11 PM
Chicken halves on the PBC dusted with Frank's Red Hot original powdered seasoning (one will get glazed with some Q sauce) Texas Caviar,Chips and adult beverages.

Norm
12-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Low of -15F tomorrow night with a light 30mph breeze... I'll just drool over what the rest of you folks cook!

Have a great weekend Phu and Brethren!

Mikhail
12-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Might throw some salmon on tomorrow for a party.

sbramm
12-16-2016, 05:31 PM
turkey breast i had in brine since sunday is out of the rinse and resting the the fridge overnight. tomorrow on the smoker during the snow to make turkey pastrami!

T.Mac
12-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Happy Phriday, pholks!

Stuck working for the 5th or 6th weekend in a row. (I've lost count at this point) But I'll make time to do some carne asada tacos on the WSM tomorrow. Still in the upper 70's/lower 80's here, but it's supposed to cool off next week.

Have a great weekend!

ShadowDriver
12-16-2016, 07:09 PM
SirPorkalot's Lexington-style Barbecue is calling my name, and I'll fight through temps that might not make it above 32F on Sunday to get it done. I'll try to at least whip up some Lexington Dip and some SC-style Mustard-based sauce for the chopped porky goodness.

Squadron's Kids Christmas Party tomorrow, where I'll don a red suit and try to spread some Holiday Cheer for a bit. Maybe we'll throw on a steak or something afterwards.

Have phun, pholks! Y'all stay warm out there (especially if getting tagged by this Polar Vortex)!

Bear 1998
12-16-2016, 07:16 PM
I have 4 pork bellies for bacon to smoke tomorrow. I believe I'm gonna throw some various cheeses in the cold smoker while I'm doing the bacon. Who knows...maybe I'll get some bacon flavor into the cheese.

Smoking Piney
12-16-2016, 08:39 PM
SirPorkalot's Lexington-style Barbecue is calling my name..........

Same here.

I'm saving that for the Spring.........give me more to look forward to. :-D

Harmony BBQ
12-17-2016, 08:45 AM
15 pounds of cheddar ready to go on on an hour or so here. 8 degrees out right now, good for a cold smoke, right?

Badjak
12-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Nothing planned.
Am working as I am every weekend (the curse of the hospitality industry)....
Might find some time tomorrow though...

I had left over beef ribs this afternoon, made into some form of bean & chickpea stew