PDA

View Full Version : "Interesting" BBQ book

Cris
12-13-2016, 02:42 PM
So I am at a used bookstore, see a book called Barbeque Cooking, quickly scan through it, and see a picture of a Weber Smokey Mountain. Can't be all bad. So I spends the 2 bucks and procure it. Slightly deeper scan makes me question my buying choice.

"Barbeque food has its own terminology. "Spare ribs" are actually spar ribs, cooked on a stick or a spar, and the unlikely sounding "Buffalo wings" are actually chicken wings cooked in a style that originated in Buffalo, New York-which does not improve them much, as they remain bony, grisly and messy, like all chicken wings."

cyberstrategist
12-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Tear out pages to start your chimney next time?

IXL
12-13-2016, 07:28 PM
That sounds like a pretty neat book. When was it published?
I have a copy of The Complete Barbecue Book, published in 1951. Among other bits of wisdom, it informs the reader that once skill is gained on the barbecue, adoring women will throw themselves at the feet of the barbecue chef. Also, that "real" barbecue chefs ALWAYS wear a traditional chefs hat when plying the trade at the side of the barbecue..........but no one, no one,....ever....buys the hat for themselves. The hats will be cheerfully purchased by the vast throngs of enamored wimminz and presented to the oh-so-manly chef as an appropriate tribute to his culinary mastery of the grill!

You can't make this stuff up.

nmeyer414
12-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Pictures or i would have to venture that your fibbin.......lol

greenmountainsmoke
12-14-2016, 06:59 AM
I got an ebook recently that stated, among other questionable items, that pallets make good smoking wood.

HunkyDory
12-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Pellets Pallets. Only one little letter difference. :roll:

ssv3
12-14-2016, 10:32 AM
adoring women will throw themselves at the feet of the barbecue chef.

Definitely truth to that and it still hasn't changed. :becky: