PDA

View Full Version : Project Smoke

greenmountainsmoke
12-09-2016, 08:33 AM
So one of the local PBS stations show Project Smoke most evenings at 9. Luckily my wife is either doing other things or very patient with me and my addiction, err, hobby.

That man has access to every kind of grill and smoker that can be imagined. Lined up like a parade. Wowzers that must be nice:shock:

bbqwizard
12-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Most if not all of the companies paid to have those cookers there (for advertising). Even still, how nice would that be? :grin:

greenmountainsmoke
12-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Yeah sponsorship seems pretty clear given that they have little ads at the beginning and end of the show. Either way, I would take it!

Untraceable
12-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Steven R tends to get a lot of flack, I usually laugh at the show each episode, but the man has done a lot for BBQ. He was one of my first gateway influences with his shows and BBQ cook books.

one of my favorite moments was him cooking a pork loin to 196 and talking about how juicy it was even though you could see that he needed a chop saw to slice it

aawa
12-09-2016, 10:01 AM
I enjoy Steve Raichlen shows because he brings a lot of live fire recipes from across the world.

Now I do filter out some of the advice given that is more geared towards the people that don't know their way around a grill or the kitchen. But he has given me a lot of inspiration for my cooking.

MeatyOakerSmoker
12-09-2016, 10:28 AM
He's pretty awful on the show. I cringe every time I see his facial expressions while he's tasting the food. I don't much like the show but I still watch it much to my wife's chagrin. "Why do you watch it if you don't like the show?" Some people just don't understand my BBQ addiction.

swamprb
12-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Steven R tends to get a lot of flack, I usually laugh at the show each episode, but the man has done a lot for BBQ. He was one of my first gateway influences with his shows and BBQ cook books.

one of my favorite moments was him cooking a pork loin to 196 and talking about how juicy it was even though you could see that he needed a chop saw to slice it

One of my favorite moments was an episode where they used a Big Drum Smoker and set up the charcoal on the outside of the charcoal basket and he "nailed" whatever it was they were cooking for the camera.

It got a lot of cackles here and on the BDS site.

Other than that, I have always enjoyed BBQ U, Planet Smoker and Project Smoke.

greenmountainsmoke
12-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Some people just don't understand my BBQ addiction.

That's about it right there. I do laugh at the show often (especially the parts where he is interacting with the crew and they seem to be just tolerating him), but can't stop watching. Any show about BBQ I will watch.

Free Mr. Tony
12-09-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm just happy it's a cooking show rather than a stupid contest. I HATE contest shows, and it seems that just about everything is that now.

Smoking Piney
12-09-2016, 11:12 AM
I like watching Project Smoke and all of the cool gear he uses.

RolandJT
12-09-2016, 06:39 PM
I love that show.

I would be careful about his low and slow advice, but his hot or live fire techniques usually work great for me.

BillN
12-09-2016, 08:26 PM
I will admit, if it's a cooking show and they are cooking with wood or charcoal I'm happy.