PDA

View Full Version : Chicken breast on my WSM

hdrolling
12-01-2016, 03:42 PM
I was going to wait until Fri but after receiving my Oakridge BBQ "Secret weapon" rub today I decided to smoke the chicken breast today.

The rub smells very good and after tasting a small bit I know that it's going to make these CB very flavorful!

With my charcoal I decided to try a piece of Hickory and a piece of pecan, real new to this so I was curious to see how it would taste.

After my temps in the Chicken reached 165 deg I added some sweet BBQ sauce, in about 15-20 minutes I'm going to add some KC style BBQ sauce as well.

Here's what I have so far.

Stingerhook
12-01-2016, 03:46 PM
I would say I'll be over for dinner.

Big-Joe
12-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Let's eat!

rwalters
12-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Simple but outstanding!! [emoji106]

mchar69
12-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Looks good, but I pull at 165 and enjoy how moist they can be.

hdrolling
12-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Wow, they came out great and very moist!

I haven't done a search but have to ask, any reason not to inject BBQ sauce into the chicken?

If I would have cooked these on Fri like planned I was going to marinade them over night, but I'll save that for next time.

Also I noticed on my "three little pigs" brand KC competition BBQ sauce that they had anchovies in the recipe, is this normal?

Big George's BBQ
12-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Looking Good

BBQ Freak
12-01-2016, 07:05 PM
I think injecting BBQ sauce would do same as putting on top and you would not notice the difference but a marinade the night before will give a added profile to the chicken , also your chicken looks great dude .

cowgirl
12-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Nice!

SMOKE FREAK
12-01-2016, 07:43 PM
I love Rudy"s barbecue sause...Yeah that's how he spells it...It ha anchovies...Goood stuff...

BillN
12-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Looking real good...:thumb:

IamMadMan
12-01-2016, 08:18 PM
The chicken looks great!!!!

Wow, they came out great and very moist!

I haven't done a search but have to ask, any reason not to inject BBQ sauce into the chicken?

If they were moist, I see no real reason for injecting them, unless your using something like Cajun-Butter. But use caution when injecting poultry, it doesn't always diffuse evenly, leaving deposits and streaks in the meat itself.

If I would have cooked these on Fri like planned I was going to marinade them over night, but I'll save that for next time.

Try using Cornell Chicken Marinade, it requires a 24 hour refrigerated soak in the marinade.
Professor Robert Baker's Original Cornell Recipe - http://cornell-classic.univcomm.cornell.edu/xsearch/?id=132&tab=facts

Also I noticed on my "three little pigs" brand KC competition BBQ sauce that they had anchovies in the recipe, is this normal?

Many competition sauces contain anchovies and some rubs will contain anchovy powder. The anchovies are not for flavor themselves, but rather the help to bring forward some of the other flavors that one would not ordinarily taste. When used in small amounts in cooking they will lend a bold meaty flavor (not fishy) and enhance other flavors as well. Even Worcestershire sauce has anchovies in it.

Badjak
12-01-2016, 11:42 PM
Looking real good!!!