PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try this steak sauce?

WHS88
10-11-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm one of those people that anytime I cook steak, I use salt, pepper and garlic powder. Nothing else and no steak sauce. Was at the store and saw this sauce and for some reason decided to give it a try on some ribeyes. I basted the steaks as they cook and I have to admit, it was pretty darn good! I like the flavor a lot. I tried it on some chicken and it was good on there as well. I'd recommend it for something different.

Groundhog66
10-11-2016, 04:41 PM
A steak has got to be pretty hammered and dry, before I'd even consider putting a sauce on it.

rexster314
10-11-2016, 04:46 PM
As a side option I'd use it but not applied while cooking.

landarc
10-11-2016, 05:27 PM
I probably wouldn't try it, although, I am sure, given the likely profile, that is it good on meat.

KevinJ
10-11-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm a big Ribeye guy but I'm also an equal opportunity steak eater, if I had to use steak sauce on any steak I probably wouldn't eat it.

Yes I'm a steak snob :shock:

WHS88
10-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Guys, I hear you. I'm one of those that if someone ask me for steak sauce I just take their steak away from them. However, this did have a good flavor profile. Would probably be good on burgers as well.

Groundhog66
10-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Guys, I hear you. I'm one of those that if someone ask me for steak sauce I just take their steak away from them. However, this did have a good flavor profile. Would probably be good on burgers as well.

Yeah, that's a possibility, but in my experience, "steak sauce" typically has such a sharp flavor profile, that it's all you taste in the end.

16Adams
10-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I love different steak sauces on cottage cheese and veggies. I'll try it. I'll eat anything.

Try cottage cheese fresh pears and steak sauce. When you don't eat ice cream- it works.

WHS88
10-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Yeah, that's a possibility, but in my experience, "steak sauce" typically has such a sharp flavor profile, that it's all you taste in the end.

I think this stuff would be that way if you poured it on after if was cooked. However, basting it and cooking it dulled out the sharp flavor a lot. In my experience it wasn't overwhelming at all. I knew I would take a beating for suggesting a steak sauce, but I liked it enough to take the beating lol!

cheez59
10-11-2016, 06:26 PM
I like steak sauce on leftover steak. I love Montreal seasoning and use it on burgers and steak regularly. Thanks for the tip on the sauce. I'll give it a shot.

USMC
10-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I'm no snob. I'll try it as I love A1 steak sauce almost as much as I love steak. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a go if I can find it.

cowgirl
10-11-2016, 07:14 PM
I've not tried it. I like my steak pretty much S&P, then grilled just enough to get rid of the "moo".
I'd try the sauce though. Thanks for the heads up! :grin:

HunkyDory
10-11-2016, 07:52 PM
If they called it overdone, dried out hamburger sauce it probably would not sell quite as well. That is marketing. I keep some steak sauce in the fridge for emergency management situations involving overdone meat. It's also quite good on breaded and fried zuchini and other stuff.

lantern
10-11-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm a "no steak sauce" guy.

HOWEVER, I have been informed that I am a condiment-aholic. I had no idea, but as I look around at the vast amounts of mustards and sauces in my pantry I see that they are correct. I guess I just like to play with flavors while I'm eating from time to time.

Since I was a kid I referred to A1 steak sauce as "tater skin sauce". I use it on what's left of my baked potato after the insides are scooped out and the butter and sour cream are eaten. I love it. I see this Montreal steak sauce getting it's chance to dance with my tater skins soon. Thanks for the heads up.

cowgirl
10-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm a "no steak sauce" guy.

HOWEVER, I have been informed that I am a condiment-aholic. I had no idea, but as I look around at the vast amounts of mustards and sauces in my pantry I see that they are correct. I guess I just like to play with flavors while I'm eating from time to time.

Since I was a kid I referred to A1 steak sauce as "tater skin sauce". I use it on what's left of my baked potato after the insides are scooped out and the butter and sour cream are eaten. I love it. I see this Montreal steak sauce getting it's chance to dance with my tater skins soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Me too! I have more bottles of condiments in my fridge than real food. A bottle of "anything" lasts me forever!

PatAttack
10-12-2016, 07:58 AM
I think this stuff would be that way if you poured it on after if was cooked. However, basting it and cooking it dulled out the sharp flavor a lot. In my experience it wasn't overwhelming at all. I knew I would take a beating for suggesting a steak sauce, but I liked it enough to take the beating lol!

My Mom loves that sauce as she HAS to have sauce for her steaks when she visits.:tsk:

I can tell you this, though. I used some of it mixed in with some hamburger meat to grill hamburgers and they were fantastic!