PDA

View Full Version : Bacon wrapped pulled pork potato skins

Dweverett
10-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Local grocer had these recently. I put them on the smoker at 350 for ..... well, I have no idea how long as I forgot about them. So, definitely overdone but still a great combo. Will have to try making them myself at some point.

Ol'Joe
10-06-2016, 03:34 PM
They look great, any idea of how they're made or a recipe? If they are from a store, what's the brand?

mchar69
10-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Sliced pic would be helpful, but I bet they are long gone by now!
Looks like a great idea.

Dweverett
10-06-2016, 08:38 PM
They look great, any idea of how they're made or a recipe? If they are from a store, what's the brand?

It's a local store than makes a lot of this kind of thing themselves. On any given day they have a half dozen or so chicken breasts and pork tenderloins wrapped up in various marinades they've done.

It looked like they had just taken a backed potato and hollowed it out (probably using the rest for potato salad or one of their soups), filled it up with some pulled pork and wrapped the whole thing in bacon. I thought there might be some cheese etc., but didn't notice it.

I wish I'd been paying more attention. I wasn't sure how it was going to work to try to cook the bacon enough without nuking the heck out of everything else. Even with overcooking them, they were pretty tasty.

Dweverett
10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Sliced pic would be helpful, but I bet they are long gone by now!
Looks like a great idea.

Definitely long gone. You'd think I live in downtown NYC based on the way I shop there -- stop pretty much nightly on the way home from work to grab something to grill. Have a couple stuffed pork chops for tomorrow night but will see if they have any more this weekend and post pics if they do.

Jdixon656
10-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Look great!

dcimike125
10-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Gives me some ideas for next weekend. Thanks for the post