PDA

View Full Version : BBQ in Springfield, MO

stan
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I am going to Springfield, MO this week for work. I am looking for a good BBQ place in town as the people I know in the area do not have a clue what good bbq is.

I am hoping to meet up with brdbbq for some que and a couple cold ones.

Thanks for your help!

Plowboy
01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I am going to Springfield, MO this week for work. I am looking for a good BBQ place in town as the people I know in the area do not have a clue what good bbq is.

I am hoping to meet up with brdbbq for some que and a couple cold ones.

Thanks for your help!

Not a BBQ place, but make a trip to Lambert's. Home of the "Throwed Rolls". Go there REALLY hungry.

slat
01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I was in Springfield a couple weeks ago and there is a BBQ joint near the Bass Pro Shops outlet store that the locals said was a pretty good place to eat. It smelled really good, but the family wanted something other than BBQ to eat. I agree about Lambert's. I live about an hour from the original one and it is good food and BIG portions. The atmosphere is cool too with the throwed rolls. A BIG appetite (sp) is a must like plowboy said.

Plowboy
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I was in Springfield a couple weeks ago and there is a BBQ joint near the Bass Pro Shops outlet store that the locals said was a pretty good place to eat. It smelled really good, but the family wanted something other than BBQ to eat. I agree about Lambert's. I live about an hour from the original one and it is good food and BIG portions. The atmosphere is cool too with the throwed rolls. A BIG appetite (sp) is a must like plowboy said.

Where is the original?

Plowboy
01-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I love that you get your food in a skillet at Lambert's. At least that's how the chicken fried steak comes.

If you go, bring your camera and post picture. We haven't been there in years.

slat
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
The original is in Sikeston, MO. It's about 2 hours south of St. Louis.
A lot of there meals are in skillets. Chicken fried steak, Ribs, Ham steak, Pork steak and I believe a few others. It's a great place to eat.

brdbbq
01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
I have traveled through Missouri for a long farking time always heard of Lambert's in Sikeston never been there. Might bea first.

stan
01-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I have only been to the one in Sikeston about 7 years ago. I am up for that. Anyone want to join me and brdbbq for dinner this week if you are in the area?

PigBoy
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I had a friend that was in Springfield for a while, He always talked about Buckinghams BBQ. I think there is one in Columbia. I haven't been to either, but have heard good things.

stan
01-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I have eaten at Buckinghams in Columbia (spicewine suggested). In Columbia they have Jay's sauce available to try. First time having it and it was very good. The que was pretty good but would prefer to find a local place.

SloppyQ
01-21-2007, 08:01 PM
There are two Buckinghams locations in Springfield, the one across from Bass Pro and one at Kearney and Glenstone out by I-44. I've tried the later and it was good but not great. Lamberts has good ribs but go hungry and pick a time other than right at supper or you will be waiting in line. I'd join you guys but I will be making a trip to Grain Valley to get my truck worked on.

Plowboy
01-21-2007, 08:09 PM
There are two Buckinghams locations in Springfield, the one across from Bass Pro and one at Kearney and Glenstone out by I-44. I've tried the later and it was good but not great. Lamberts has good ribs but go hungry and pick a time other than right at supper or you will be waiting in line. I'd join you guys but I will be making a trip to Grain Valley to get my truck worked on.

SloppyQ, when you planning to be at Grain Valley? I could probably do lunch this week. There's a small Q joint off the interstate in Oak Grove. Otherwise its Zarda's in Blue Springs I think. Bates City BBQ is a little ways away.

SloppyQ
01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
SloppyQ, when you planning to be at Grain Valley? I could probably do lunch this week. There's a small Q joint off the interstate in Oak Grove. Otherwise its Zarda's in Blue Springs I think. Bates City BBQ is a little ways away.

Todd not sure when I'll be up to town as of yet. I will get back to you when I know more. Will probably be there for a few days, maybe closer to the weekend and maybe we could do the mini bash thing with the others.

MoKanMeathead
01-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Grain Valley? That is my neck of the woods Lee - ket me know when you will be there. There isn't much in GV - where are you getting your truck worked on?

thillin
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I have only been to the one in Sikeston about 7 years ago. I am up for that. Anyone want to join me and brdbbq for dinner this week if you are in the area?

Make sure he keeps his teef in!

brdbbq
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Make sure he keeps his teef in!

Don't spoil it

SloppyQ
01-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Grain Valley? That is my neck of the woods Lee - ket me know when you will be there. There isn't much in GV - where are you getting your truck worked on?

Truck is being worked on at Don's Auto Body, had a slight screwup during the ice storm. I will probably be up Friday to pick it up if he's done. May come up Thursday to fark around, I'm from that area originally. PM me with a number I'll give you a call.

stan
01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Met brdbbq for dinner at Buckinghams. Had a great evening talking and eating. Thanks brd for meeting. Hopefully we can meet again this week for dinner.

brdbbq
01-24-2007, 07:24 AM
It was a good time Hopefuly my "war" stories did not scare you off. :shock:

stan
01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Well Brian and I ate at Lamberts last night. Holy chit we were both stuffed.

Next week I am off to Joplin but only for one night.