PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Depot

Wood Fire Steel
09-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Do you have to have your KCBS card before you can go to restaurant depot? I was going to sign up for KCBC membership tomorrow and hoped to go to RD Saturday. Can I print off a temp card and the RD info or will I have to wait on my card before going? Thanks

Jason TQ
09-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Some RDs are pretty relaxed about it. I don't think you can print a temp kcbs member card. I looked briefly on the kcbs site but didn't see that option. You could always bring the kcbs flyer And show them your receipt of payment to kcbs.

You going to the Marietta store?

IamMadMan
09-08-2016, 10:42 PM
If you have a business you just need your tax resale certificate to register for RD.

If you don't own a business, but belong to KCBS, log into the KCBS site and go to the members page to print a "Day Pass" for RD. You have to do this for each visit...

Sea Rover
09-08-2016, 11:19 PM
It only took me about a week for KSBS to send me my membership card.

LYU370
09-09-2016, 12:30 AM
I think it depends on your local RD. The one I go to never asks for the KCBS card. I just go up to the desk and ask for a day pass. Tell them it's under KCBS. Some know what it is, others I need to tell them it's the Kansas City Barbecue Society.

Wood Fire Steel
09-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Anyone have any experiences getting access to any of the ATL RDs?

Bperkins01
09-09-2016, 07:30 AM
I went in with a day pass - and they offered a permanent card... so I took it.
I'd ask if they could make you a card when giving them the day pass.
Then never deal with it again ;)

Bigwoods4x4
09-09-2016, 08:21 AM
My RD is pretty strict-as madman said, get the temp cert from the KCBS website....either that or you NEED tax credentials.

I've seen them boot a guy in front of me for not having his with him.

Jason TQ
09-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Anyone have any experiences getting access to any of the ATL RDs?

Yes, I go to the Norcross one all the time (just about weekly and am going today actually:-D) and have also been to the one downtown many times. The Norcross one I just show my kcbs card and while I have the flyer in my truck just in case, but I never show that to them anymore as they don't seem to care. But still good to have.

The people at the counter barely look at my kcbs card which is why I suggested possibly bringing your receipt for payment to kcbs and the flyer. I bet that would work.

I haven't been to the Marietta store which if you are in Rome I'm guessing might be the one you are going to. So not sure what that store is like.

Joe Black
09-09-2016, 09:36 AM
The RD here in Greenville just opened. When I went in and showed my KCBS card, the lady made me a permanent RD card and it was no problem.

CT-Mike
09-09-2016, 06:32 PM
I think it depends on your local RD. The one I go to never asks for the KCBS card. I just go up to the desk and ask for a day pass. Tell them it's under KCBS. Some know what it is, others I need to tell them it's the Kansas City Barbecue Society.

I just had the same experience in Hartford yesterday, didn't have to show KCBS card.