PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Guru On A Lone Star Grillz Horizontal Pipe Smoker

BBQ Freak
09-02-2016, 06:04 PM
the last option I am debating on my new Lone Star Grillz 24 X 36 pipe smoker is the charcoal basket and the BBQ Guru option . does anyone on this forum have this option and does it work ? I have been talking to one person that has it and he is saying he can get a 10 hour burn time on a full basket at 225 degrees , I will be using this as grill and a regular stick burner more than the charcoal method but sometimes I would like the option not to haft to tend to a fire sometimes when I got a lot of stuff going on .

cheez59
09-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Chris says it works really well. Take what that man says to the bank. When I buy one I will definitely get the basket.

ssv3
09-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Check it this thread. Check out post 19 on page 2. Post 1 has pics of the set up also. He says 2 25 cfm fans 4-5 hours when the pit is cold at start. Preheated pit 6-7 hours.

I have the cyberq set up on my LSG pit but never used it. Used the charcoal basket for a few cooks thought and I can get about 5-6 hours on one 18lb bag of Kingsford with a cold start.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183598

BBQ Freak
09-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Check it this thread. Check out post 19 on page 2. Post 1 has pics of the set up also. He says 2 25 cfm fans 4-5 hours when the pit is cold at start. Preheated pit 6-7 hours.

I have the cyberq set up on my LSG pit but never used it. Used the charcoal basket for a few cooks thought and I can get about 5-6 hours on one 18lb bag of Kingsford with a cold start.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183598

thanks for sharing that thread buddy , search button never found me that thread .

ssv3
09-03-2016, 01:18 PM
thanks for sharing that thread buddy , search button never found me that thread .

Took me a bit but I found it on google. Someone else was also asking the same question a while back and I couldn't find that thread for the life of me.

Best of both worlds, a Shirley and an LSG. :thumb: Congrats!