PDA

View Full Version : Hasty Bake

Pstores
08-21-2016, 09:05 PM
A Couple year old Hasty Bake Lagacy 131.... Looks to be in great shape. Is it worth $249?

Ribeye Republic
08-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Buy it now before someone else does. That is a smoking deal. They retail for $ 1000.00. Make sure it isn't' rusted out at the bottom seams and the fire box mechanism works. Also be sure to see if they have the heat shield and the drip rail that sits below the grates. If not you can order them from HB.

Old Dave
08-21-2016, 09:19 PM
That grill would be worth the money to me. The new cost is about $1000 dollars for a very good grill. My advice would be to purchase the grill.

Dave

Pstores
08-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Buy it now before someone else does. That is a smoking deal. They retail for $ 1000.00. Make sure it isn't' rusted out at the bottom seams and the fire box mechanism works. Also be sure to see if they have the heat shield and the drip rail that sits below the grates. If not you can order them from HB.

So do they hold temp fairly well for long periods of time? Does wind effect them a lot?

Ribeye Republic
08-21-2016, 09:39 PM
The wind will affect them during long low temp smokes. I made a "blanket" for mine and it works pretty well. I only need to use it during winter cooks with high winds. It takes me about 5 hours to cook a full packer or butt and I have to add about 2 chimneys of charcoal during that time.

mnmax8238
08-22-2016, 07:53 AM
A Couple year old Hasty Bake Lagacy 131.... Looks to be in great shape. Is it worth $249?

I saw that on CL also. Do me a favor and get it before I do :decision:

Yendor
08-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Yes, I saw it last Friday. Go pick it up before I am forced too. I almost told the wife to bring the Jeep for this thing.

QTEX
08-22-2016, 10:50 AM
So do they hold temp fairly well for long periods of time? Does wind effect them a lot?

For about a year now have been cooking on one at home 2-3 times per week and competitions (about 37 comps this fiscal year), have owned and do own many types of cookers and will say if I could only own ONE bbq grill, cooker, smoker it would be a Hasty Bake Legacy like I now own. It does it all!, have been abusing it way more than the average bbq guy and it will not quit, paint wont burn or peel and it cooks with very minimal fuel, for indirect you can set it and forget it, go watch a movie or go to town and shop for groceries, lol.
Briskets, ribs, chickens, steaks ect. ect. You wont be disappointed and that is indeed a SMOKIN" deal, hope you bought it.

jayman
08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
I am headed to MSP this weekend! hurry and get it so I don't have to bring my truck!!

KORND4WG X
08-22-2016, 01:21 PM
I rarely see HB's on CL but the last one I saw was $1200 for the gourmet so $250 for the legacy is a great deal. Sounds like they may have gotten it in the C&B fire sale like I did :grin:

Love the HB, it's a rib cooking machine and great for reverse searing.

mnbadger
08-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Man I need that thing... Too bad I wouldn't be able to use it if I bought it since my wife would kill me....