PDA

View Full Version : Beef Ribs/Dino Bones

swamprb
01-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I can only find one Recipe for beef ribs, Its from BBQ USA. Indirect for 2-2.5hrs. I've had them on the BFDS clone and it's been cruising at @275* for about 5 hrs. now, ribs have been on for @90min now so I'm getting close to pull time. Any advice?

Markbb
01-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Swampbro 2 hrs for beef ribs I don't think so, I'll smoke my beef for more than 8hrs thats a tough cut of beef and 2hrs aint gonna cut it falling off the bone great 8 to 10 hrs and about 250 up to 300 very good and most of my family and friends like the beef better than the pork:shock: you won't need a knife for the beef ribs guarnanteed:-D

FatDaddy
01-13-2007, 07:23 PM
agree if they got alot of meat on em .. they will definitly take more than 2 hours. the ones i did indirect over xmas werent done and that was at atleast 4-5 hours on the pit. runnin a pretty hot fire. i cooked another 2-3 hours in the oven. and they were fallin off the bone then. so i would say bout 6-8 hours.

swamprb
01-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Well the ribs were an afterthought, I thought it would be a good day to fire up the drum smoker that I built, so I decided to do Dr.BBQ's Shortcut Brisket. Once I got it settled in my wife called and asked if I needed anything from the grocery, so I asked her to pick some up (.99 lb.) I had done them on the GOSM once before but could not find my log. The brisket recipe calls for indirect at 275* so I thought what the hell the drums cruising at 250-275* So I find the recipe from Blue Smoke in NYC in the BBQ USA book-salt & pepper, indirect for 2-2.5 hrs. They shrunk up on the bone and were a nice dark brown (not as nice as Thirdeyes). I didn't remove the membrane but they came out fine, as did the brisket. Almost 8 hour and the drums still steady 275, outside temp 25F.