PDA

View Full Version : How the heck?

Beast Drinker
07-08-2016, 02:20 AM
Okay y'all back for strategy ideas. Next Friday at work there's a rib and wing cookoff. There are no formal rules, no boxing to worry about. I already know my rack rub and sauce. Here's where it gets sticky. This goes down at 11 Friday morning. I get off work at 11 Thursday night. I am trying to figure out the best way to use that time. Nobody else will be turning in anything that wasn't cooked the day before either...

Plan D

So plan A cook my ribs after work Thursday night rest them and warm them. Get zero sleep pretty much.

Plan B attempt to sleep immediately after work ( good luck there) and hope I get up in time probably cook the ribs in the kettle to help it go a little quicker.

Note there's no separate prize for wings or ribs. I don't know why.

Plan C save myself a fark of a loto of work get up about 9 and crank out some wings.

Plan D have my buddy come by my house and get my entry on hiway in at like 6 AM

However if I am allowed 2 entries...... You know, I mean there's a cheap plastic trophy on the line. Anybody got a better idea? All of these kinda suck

pmad
07-08-2016, 06:05 AM
Prep food when you get home.
Get up at 4:30
You'll easily be able to start fire, cook ribs and wings, get to work by 11

bjarolim
07-08-2016, 07:03 AM
Your getting no sleep either way u do it, so plan on that!

Id goto bed immediately and wake up early and start cooking, id prep everything Thursday before work, that way u ain't gotta worry about it after work and can hit sack immediately

defib
07-08-2016, 07:11 AM
You could always boil them first!

:shocked: just kidding! good luck!

fnjay
07-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Plan E. Go to sleep after work. Wake up at 10 and go eat everyone else's entries.
Plan F. Stay up all night drinking and sleep through the whole thing.
Plan G. Go to Disneyland.

So many options!

Really though....I have zero little cook offs nearby so if given opportunity I would be awake at 430AM and getting to work on my entries. You can sleep when you're dead.

Beast Drinker
07-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Thanks peeps. I know one thing... sometimes you just don't get any sleep this is one of them. my prep will be done ahead of time no matter exactly how to do it.

Smoke on Badger Mountain
07-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Sleep is overrated!

bjarolim
07-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Is rather Q than sleep, sometimes. I do enjoy sleeping too.