PDA

View Full Version : Pit boss 820

Rys06TBSS
07-05-2016, 07:46 PM
So I picked this up at menards for 365. Does anybody have one of these pellet grills?

jermoQ
07-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I have had mine for a year and a half and I like it fairly well. Grill and smoke on it. Think I may need to replace the thermostat. Used it Yesterday and I had it on SMOKE and when I went out it was at 130 on the thermostat, turned up to 200 and it went to 330.

jermoQ
07-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Did yours have the curved deflector's with the sliding sear cover? I saw one of those a few months ago. Wanted to keep future tabs on how good they work for when I need a new deflector.

Mark-o
07-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I have a 440 deluxe that has the searing drip pan but I haven't tried it out yet. I got this model because of the searing option and the stainless steel shelf/ serving tray plus I got a "SMOKING" deal on it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/167w9bd.jpg

Free Mr. Tony
07-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Did yours have the curved deflector's with the sliding sear cover? I saw one of those a few months ago. Wanted to keep future tabs on how good they work for when I need a new deflector.

I have a Louisiana whole hog with the sliding heat deflector. I would assume they are the same as the pit boss grills are, i believe, manufactured by Louisiana. It works very well, and is easy to use. The only real negative is that the heat is concentrated in a relatively small area. I don't grill a ton of food so it works for me. You also have a nice big indirect area to work with as well.

AJP
07-06-2016, 10:30 AM
I have one and have had it for about a year and a half. Love it, works great, I smoke and grill on it all the time.

cray410
07-24-2018, 08:44 AM
I have an 820D and I think I messed up the flame broiler (deflector/searer). I used aluminum foil on it for a while and it is now rusted and the grill is heating up too much. I have been trying to find a new one to replace it, but Pitt Boss is out and has been for a long time

AJP
07-24-2018, 08:51 AM
I have an 820D and I think I messed up the flame broiler (deflector/searer). I used aluminum foil on it for a while and it is now rusted and the grill is heating up too much. I have been trying to find a new one to replace it, but Pitt Boss is out and has been for a long time

Have you tried cleaning all the ash out and making sure it is not full of stuff?