PDA

View Full Version : Been doing the "Ready, Set, Cook!" style lately

chad
01-08-2007, 03:40 PM
The other night I took out some boneless, skinless chicken and sauteed it on one side in olive oil (no, not EVOO!:rolleyes: ). Removed from the pan, sweated some onion and garlic and then added some chicken broth.

Put the chicken back in the simmering broth and seasoned the chicken (salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, etc) and cooked it for about 15 minutes. I then added a bit of balsamic vinegar over the chicken which then ended up in the sauce.

Turned out pretty good. Lot's of garlic flavor with the balsamic vinegar doing it's thing, too.

BigBarry
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Next time throw some smokered bacon bits in the pan, too! Then it's a smoked dish with deep flavor!

Bigmista
01-08-2007, 06:39 PM
I do stuff like that a lot. Sometimes I cut the breast into strips and cook them in the wok. Italian or mexican stir-fry in minutes!!

chad
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. :-D

We eat a LOT of que - I cater and compete so we are not looking for smoked or pork flavors in all our dishes. I was just passing on a non-que session's menu!!

Mista, you ever use thigh meat instead of breasts for your stir fry...trust me, the extra fat is WONDERFUL!!:twisted:

Come to think of it, I've got to do some pork, chicken, and ribs tomorrow evening for a retirement party at work on Wednesday.:shock:

I am getting ready to start making tasso and my own sausages - so there will be plenty of experimentation then. Who knows, the tasso may turn out to be a money maker -- I just priced some today at $14.99 per # with a 5# minimum -- sheesh!!:twisted:

Bigmista
01-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Mista, you ever use thigh meat instead of breasts for your stir fry...trust me, the extra fat is WONDERFUL!!:twisted:

I keep a bag of frozen thighs and a bag of frozen breasts in the freezer fot just that reason.

Norcoredneck
01-09-2007, 04:43 AM
I got my wife and daughter hooked on these. I take those frozen breast, thaw then coat with honey mustard and season. I put on grill and lay a Ortega chile on top. I take chile off, flip and put back on. Flip again, chile back on top. When about done I top with a slice of provolone cheese. I like a spoon of salsa on top but they pass. Have never had leftovers.