PDA

View Full Version : Cattlemen's Southern Gold

Oldbob
01-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I Like the Mustard Based sauces on pulled pork and was wondering if anyone has been able to find this "New" sauce anywhere.We have a Super Walmart and Sam's here but neither carry this sauce.

From the Web Site:
Introducing delicious Carolina-style BBQ flavor! CATTLEMEN'SŪ Southern Gold Barbecue Sauce is a unique blend of No. 1 grade mustard seed, aged cayenne peppers, apple cider vinegar and just the right amount of spice. This smoky-sweet sauce will make all your BBQ dishes golden! And now it's available throughout the Southeastern US.

It must just be a Southern thingy for Now !!

chad
01-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I've seen it a Sam's and GFS - gallon size jugs.

SinginBob
01-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I haven't seen it in KC yet, and I doubt we're one of their target markets! We got our own sauces, thank you very much!

Oldbob
01-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I've seen it a Sam's and GFS - gallon size jugs.

I checked Sam's here all they have is the Smoky in Gallon Jugs...I will check our Local Gordon's...they may be able to order it for Me:biggrin: ..Thanks

chad
01-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I checked Sam's here all they have is the Smoky in Gallon Jugs...I will check our Local Gordon's...they may be able to order it for Me:biggrin: ..Thanks

I have GFS order all kinds of stuff they don't carry in the store...I think they run and hide when I walk in the door!:mrgreen:

Oldbob
01-08-2007, 11:32 AM
I have GFS order all kinds of stuff they don't carry in the store...I think they run and hide when I walk in the door!:mrgreen:

Maybe I can get them in that Mode too then:biggrin:... I buy the Royal Oak Lump there. They have it year around too.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Pricing is Not as Good as Sam's But...Availibility counts for something Too !!!

SmokeInDaEye
01-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I got some from Cattleman's back in July and just saw it for the first time in a gallon jug at Restaurant Depot.

It has this bold honey mustard flavor that can overpower meat if used too heavily, but we've found that it works great as a dipping sauce for seafood like shrimp or lump crab.

SmokeInDaEye
01-08-2007, 11:43 AM
It's the yellow stuff so you know what it looks like.

SauceMan
01-08-2007, 12:24 PM
How much for the Bud light, Clint?

Oldbob
01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
It's the yellow stuff so you know what it looks like.

Great Picture...and from the Looks of that Picture, Cattlemen's must be the right choice:biggrin: I have all the other's...just cant find the Southern Gold here.

SmokeInDaEye
01-08-2007, 01:37 PM
How much for the Bud light, Clint?

Not for sale. That's the cook's "secret" sauce.