PDA

View Full Version : Oakridge BBQ Rubs

MichiganBBQ
06-23-2016, 12:07 AM
Quick question guys.......I ordered the sampler pack over the weekend and I don't believe its shipped yet. Any idea how long it's taking them to currently ship orders?

Thanks!

blazinfire
06-23-2016, 12:11 AM
If I remember correctly every order is made to order ? It took a couple days to ship my orders I made to them

MichiganBBQ
06-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Thanks blazin! I have no issue waiting, happy to hear that every order is made to order!

bbqwizard
06-23-2016, 12:54 AM
When you placed the order a calendar should have popped up I believe, showing you mixing day's vs. shipping days. If I remember correctly, mixing days are Monday and Tuesday with shipping being the rest. I could be wrong.

cheez59
06-23-2016, 05:32 AM
They ship on Mondays. Saturday is the cutoff day. If you order by Saturday your order will ship the following Monday. If you order on Sunday or any day in that week you order will ship the following Monday.

If you need it sooner they strongly encourage you to buy from one of their many dealers. Oak Ridge also provides a list by state of their dealers. I found out that one of their dealers is only 5 miles from me and I never knew about it before.

chris1360
06-23-2016, 05:44 AM
They make everything to order, but trust me it's worth the wait. Every rub they make is awesome. They got me hooked several years ago with a small sampler pack....my next order after that was over 100 bucks. I don't even want to think about how much I have spent since then.

IamMadMan
06-23-2016, 05:51 AM
I once used another popular brand of rub and never considered using any another rub until I placed an order an order to be shipped to my deployed son. The distributor for that unnamed rub sat on the order for almost two weeks never shipping it, and it seemed as if my son and his unit would not have any rubs for their big holiday cookout.

Long story short, I contacted Mike from Oakridge and he shipped his rubs giving our deployed troops a great holiday cookout. Being he came thru with the order arriving on time, I tried Oakridge rubs myself. Every rub has it's own unique flavor profile and are much lower is salt and sugar content than the other rubs I used.

I'm sold, Oakridge is the rub in my cabinets, I've always had great delivery times when I ordered from Oakridge. I usually receive the order in 2 or 3 days. Even if I had to wait longer, the product is more than worth the wait.

Oakridge Rubs, and Mike's support of our uniformed men and women is the only reason I need to exclusively use his awesome products in my cookers....

Thanks for making such great products and supporting our troops Mike.

Doog
06-23-2016, 05:58 AM
Mike and the gang is pretty good about getting orders out.

nsbbqguy
06-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I just placed another order on Monday. And since I missed the cut off date. It won't be shipped out till next Monday. I believe most areas of the states they do 1-3 day shipping. But where I'm on the east coast of Canada I'll have to wait a little longer due to customs. Luckily I didn't run completely out and still have enough rubs to get by till it gets here! I also ordered the new jerk rib and can't wait to try it! Awesome product!

chrischandler71
06-23-2016, 07:11 AM
I just placed my first order for a selection of their rubs. I ordered from All Things BBQ, and got HDD, Black Ops, and Sweet rib rub. This will be my first time trying any of their rubs.

Decoy205
06-23-2016, 08:00 AM
I need to reup on carne crosta and I want to try some game changer brine.

Wbfd118
06-23-2016, 09:08 AM
My last order placed on a sat. didn't process that Mon. Took almost 2 weeks.

MichiganBBQ
06-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Ok, starting to make more sense of this. I placed my order on Sunday so I more than likely missed the cut off date. I'll plan on a receiving my rubs sometime next week. Can't wait!

tom b
06-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I just made my first order from Oakridge, I had been wanting to for a while but when I read madmans post i got off my ass and made an order. below is the message they sent

Thank you for your order!
Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference.

Note: As stated on our Terms page, you are ordering directly from the manufacturer. We process retail business on Mondays for orders placed Sunday thru Saturday of the previous week.

You will receive an email with the tracking info usually no later then 6pm on the day of shipment.

Thanks again for your business!

cheez59
06-23-2016, 01:15 PM
I will order direct from Oak Ridge from now on. Sure it might take a bit longer to get depending on when you order but they always have stock and their shipping is cheaper. I use two of the above mentioned BBQ supply places but lately both of them have been out of stock on the particular OR rubs I wanted.

kwd1987
06-24-2016, 11:22 AM
i did a sampler pack. Black Ops was awesome, HDD too. I liked the Competition one better than secret weapon. Secret weapon was too sweet for me. Game bird and chicken was ok. I liked sweet rib rub on chicken better than the dedicated chicken rub. I haven't figured out what to do with my Carne Crosta. Everytime I use it, i'm doing steaks and it either seems to burn or stay gritty. Never dissolves the coffee grind like I want. In the end, i'll be trying a few other coffee rubs. For pork and chicken, I stick with Bad Byrons Butt Rub. I bought Meat Church's Holy Cow for beef going forward. That habanero death dust is amazing. Will buy again. That Black OPs is awesome also. That is like "the" brisket rub to me.

kcmike
06-24-2016, 01:16 PM
My last order placed on a sat. didn't process that Mon. Took almost 2 weeks.

I respectfully disagree.

If this is Todd M. from Howell, MI, your order was placed on SUNDAY, May 1st at 11:50 AM and shipped on Monday, May 9th. It wasn't placed on Saturday, and therefore missed our cuttoff. However, even missing the cuttoff, your order was shipped in only 8 days, not two weeks.

I greatly appreciate your business, as I do all of our customers. However, I work far too hard to have misinformation spread around the internet.

IamMadMan
06-24-2016, 02:26 PM
i did a sampler pack. Black Ops was awesome, HDD too. I liked the Competition one better than secret weapon. Secret weapon was too sweet for me. Game bird and chicken was ok. I liked sweet rib rub on chicken better than the dedicated chicken rub. I haven't figured out what to do with my Carne Crosta. Everytime I use it, i'm doing steaks and it either seems to burn or stay gritty. Never dissolves the coffee grind like I want. In the end, i'll be trying a few other coffee rubs. For pork and chicken, I stick with Bad Byrons Butt Rub. I bought Meat Church's Holy Cow for beef going forward. That habanero death dust is amazing. Will buy again. That Black OPs is awesome also. That is like "the" brisket rub to me.

I find that Carne Costa likes an extremely hot grill to form a great crust on the steak. Never had it burn or stay gritty, always an awesome steak with Carne Crosta.....