PDA

View Full Version : Chuckie???

Milkman_d83
06-16-2016, 08:58 PM
I love chuckies and after seeing groundhog66 post his the other day put me in the mood for one Sunday. Have Smoked a few and finish by foiling them. Stopped by Kroger and go them to cut me a 4 pounder. Id say I'll got groundhog's rout but I got to thinking. Has anyone injected one? If so with what. All thoughts are appreciated. Basically looking for ideas. Thanks.

Bludawg
06-16-2016, 09:27 PM
I never injected one But,, I have marinated overnight in Dales steak marinate or Wishbone Italian..

SDAR
06-16-2016, 10:40 PM
The new BPS beef injection (cattle prod) would be good on any beef. Hell I'm thinking about trying it on chicken. :shocked:

Groundhog66
06-17-2016, 09:54 AM
You could certainly inject one, but I think it would be a waste of time, there really is plenty of flavor in a the preparation like I did. I think injecting takes away from the natural beef flavor, and that's definitely not always a good thing. Comp, yes...home consumption, no. But hey, if you do, I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.

Frank Mahovlich
06-17-2016, 10:35 AM
I smoked two sirloin roasts last week, side by side on the same cook. Could not tell the difference between the two one iota. Used beef broth with Worcestershire and garlic powder. Ended up feeling like a complete waste of time, energy, & resources, but now I know.