PDA

View Full Version : WSCG - the book has arrived

Crotonmark
06-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Just got the promised book from Weber. Lots of cool recipes to try. Want to learn new techniques. Looks very quality. Very happy

Cedarburger
06-09-2016, 09:08 PM
I have done the meat loaf and the orange honey glazed wings. Both are highly recommended. Since it was marketed as made for the summit grill, I was hoping there was going to be more detailed setup techniques. Oh well, I've got all the time in the world to get this beast dialed in. I also just missed out on Meatheads cookbook tour at a local bbq joint last night.

Crotonmark
06-09-2016, 10:10 PM
I have done the meat loaf and the orange honey glazed wings. Both are highly recommended. Since it was marketed as made for the summit grill, I was hoping there was going to be more detailed setup techniques. Oh well, I've got all the time in the world to get this beast dialed in. I also just missed out on Meatheads cookbook tour at a local bbq joint last night.

I came home from work tonight. Dump charcoal in. Lit the gas. Took off my suit. Spread the charcoal. Grilled sausage.
I'm amazed by it.

I hope that the book isn't a dud

Baby Back Maniac
06-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Mine came this week as well. I can't wait to dive in. I was pleased that it was wasn't too heavy on the gourmet stuff. I was afraid "free" was going to be code for "commercial for other stuff" but it doesn't seem to be that way.

Crotonmark
06-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Mine came this week as well. I can't wait to dive in. I was pleased that it was wasn't too heavy on the gourmet stuff. I was afraid "free" was going to be code for "commercial for other stuff" but it doesn't seem to be that way.

Thanks. It seemed like there are a lot of good recipes that I haven't eaten before
Glad to see the amount it can do

KevinJ
06-10-2016, 03:16 PM
I have the Weber App on my phone and there are a lot of good recipes so I'm sure the book will be useful, Tequila Shrimp which I got off the App is on of my favorites.

wbzipf
06-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I think the book was well done. Comprehensive, but not over whelming. It's good grilling/BBQ/Smoking overview for any novice who just purchased a WSCG. The specifics about the WSCG, recipies , and pictures make it good for all of us who have the cooking basics down but appreciate something specifically catering to our new toy.