PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie

cntryblues
05-30-2016, 07:33 PM
I appreciate all the patience shown by everyone as I tried to figure out how to get started. I decided that I would start with something that I would take he the building the fire tending out of the equation at least in the beginning. So I could focus on flavor and product monitoring. We got it Friday Night put it together and got it all tweaked, burnt in and ready for a couple racks of spare ribs Sunday.

Temp were easily stabilize and no worries. I put two oven timers in opposite corners to monitor temps vs digital readouts.

And while playing with the wifi setup. Allowed meat temps to go over some.
But for a first cook, everyone that ate them said they were great.

As I learn this thing I will get more daring I am sure. But the learning curve has begun.

Although it is uncanny how the GMG resembles the Yoder 640, the treager's and a few others.

Mor to come I am sure.
Cntryblues.

Bigbears BBQ
05-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Congrats on the JB

nsbbqguy
05-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Congrats! enjoy the new smoker, i've been using my GMG for a while and always get great tasting food!

YearRound
05-30-2016, 11:43 PM
Have had a Daniel Boone in the outdoor kitchen for about 4 years now and recently added a Davy Crockett for use in the motorhome.

They are both great grills. Use the DB three or four times a week year round.
Ordering a new controller next week to get the wi-fi.

Think you'll really like that JB. Yes, there is a learning curve but you'll be turning out great food, consistently, in no time.