PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Brethern.....I'm #986!!!

Akabezer
05-21-2016, 08:34 PM
I wanted to take the time to formally say thank you to everyone here. Last fall we replaced our old, small concrete patio with a larger stamped concrete one. While admiring our new beauty after putting the old CharGriller combo w fire box back in its place my husband made the comment that with the new patio and soon to be fence that a new grill would look really nice. :clap2:

Needless to say I started shopping shortly after. Like many others here, I did a lot of searching the 'net for higher quality smokers which brought me here more than once and at the time, added more manufacturers and more confusion. But that was then and this is now. And thanks to the plethora information I found here I am happy to say I now have my bakery ticket number, #986, for a Shirley Fabrication Patio 24x42 Cabinet cooker. :becky: I'm not yet sure of exactly all the options I will have as I am waiting to hear back from Tyler on the cost of my initial order of cabinet doors, warmer box with 3 shelves, thicker fire box, SS shelf and warmer shelf, ash pan and grill grate. I think there's a couple more options I asked for but don't recall at the moment. Anyhow, back to the reason for this post.

I really want to thank all of you. I've been reading info here for a couple months now and decided to become a member earlier this month as I was starting to feel like a stalker. Now that the SF order process has begun my focus has shifted to learning and reading what this site has to offer and as you know, it's a lot. What I also like is its not all 'bout Q and serious; the off topic forums are a hoot!

Anyway, before this becomes a novella, thank you again!!!!

Clay-b-que
05-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to see it and some Q!

MisterChrister
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
That's too awesome! Congratulations on one of the finest rigs available, and glad you're here!

Hoss
05-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Congrats! I have placed an order and sent in the deposit to Shirley Fab but no number yet.I am excited for you and for me too. :clap:

bbqwilly
05-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the Shirley Family!

You own the best.

pjtexas1
05-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Welcome and that sounds like a very nice cooker you have being built. Never knew SF gave out numbers.

Akabezer
05-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Welcome and that sounds like a very nice cooker you have being built. Never knew SF gave out numbers.

Not sure how much it is an actual order number per se as it is 'quote' number you receive when ordering a rig online. But because the completion date is so far out it reminded me of getting a ticket number at the market/deli on a Saturday and waiting your turn.

Congrats! I have placed an order and sent in the deposit to Shirley Fab but no number yet.I am excited for you and for me too. :clap:

I'm pretty sure your ahead of me as I have yet to send in a deposit as I am waiting for a $$$ for the rig yet. I'm like a 6 yr old at Christmas; an hour feels like a day and it's killing me waiting for his response. :pout: With SF building the Fleet Week rig, Tyler going on vacation the beginning of June, and trying to wrap up rigs already under construction prior to is keeping them extremely busy. :pout: But though I pout and hope my rig is built sooner than later, I could never make the process faster. Instead I am proud to be a future owner of a SF, a company that realizes the sacrifices soldiers every day to keep us safe.

So My outlook is this; the ordering process has begun (I hope; waiting for the response the that process has begun and the cost of all the options that I requested is

Joe Black
05-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Welcome from SC. It's good to have you on this great site. Congratulations on starting a new SF build.