PDA

View Full Version : Lowes & HD Kingsford sale

dcimike125
05-20-2016, 12:20 PM
Picked up 2 18 lb twin packs of KBB for $9.88ea. Sale runs thru Sunday. Got home with it and my wife stares at me as I already have about 100 lbs in stock. I told her its just like her and shoes, I just couldn't pass up a good deal. Now I have 175 lbs. That should last the week :wink:

Thingfish
05-20-2016, 12:26 PM
:biggrin1:

Fire Flinger
05-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Good job! I picked up a pair of twin packs yesterday so now I have 186 pounds in storage plus an open bag. I may go back on Sunday or I might wait for Fathers Day. I figure they will do it again. If not FD, then Labor Day or maybe Independence Day.

Thingfish
05-20-2016, 12:34 PM
You can typically count on them to run these sales near Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.

creekwalker
05-20-2016, 11:26 PM
I have over 500 lbs, and am uncertain about my future with regard to the possible use of wood vs. charcoal--so for the first time this year am going to leave these sales alone. But I still feel the tug.

Bigbears BBQ
05-21-2016, 05:46 AM
I'm away on vacation until Sunday and will be getting home late so unfourtunatley I will miss this one

Nuco59
05-21-2016, 06:03 AM
/looks from under brim of hat.

You tell them I'm coming...
and my wagon's coming with me, you hear?

IamMadMan
05-21-2016, 06:12 AM
I'm away on vacation until Sunday and will be getting home late so unfourtunatley I will miss this one

You can order on-line and pick-up at the store at your convenience. You pay the sale price on-line (Home Depot or Lowes same) and they hold them for you to pick-up at whatever store you chose.

Makes it easy if you can't get to your local store.

You can typically count on them to run these sales near Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.

That's the key to keeping a manageable supply without having completely fill the garage/shed. It also makes rotating your personal stock much more manageable to prevent moisture absorption from summer and winter high levels of humidity. First in is first out for use...