PDA

View Full Version : No Truss Rotisserie Yard Bird

Fwismoker
04-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Did some "no truss" necessary bird on the bird barrel tonight. There will never ever be a need to truss up birds, turkeys and many other cuts of meat again. If you hate it as much as I did then this will make you happy! Sorry no pics of the cook "YET" but soon like probably June I can share more.

Real good cook though...used a little maple and cooked directly over the fire as usual and got a chance to use my new electric knife!

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee407/Amerivet/P1040429_zpsrnvbijf7.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/Amerivet/media/P1040429_zpsrnvbijf7.jpg.html)

Stingerhook
04-19-2016, 06:06 PM
OMG that looks good.

The Wookiee
04-19-2016, 06:27 PM
so you just let the appendages dangle and spin or is it just the breast?

looks awesome!

The Wookiee
04-19-2016, 06:31 PM
i see it now... found the Johnny rotisserie video... need to try that!

Fwismoker
04-19-2016, 06:39 PM

looks awesome! Yes Wookiee it was a whole bird and No nothing dangles....I used something that I'll unveil in June. One of the many things you can do is never have to mess with trussing again. As Forrest Gump said Forrest Gump - One less thing - YouTube

i see it now... found the Johnny rotisserie video... need to try that!
Johnny rotisserie? I cook over an open fire but this doesn't have anything to do with that.

dadsr4
04-19-2016, 06:41 PM

looks awesome!
No Fuss, No Truss Rotisserie Chicken - YouTube

Fwismoker
04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
No not referring to that. It won't matter size of the bird or turkey etc, or wings popping out.. either.

jsperk
04-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Looks awesome. I can't wait to see it. I hate trussing.

Fwismoker
04-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Looks awesome. I can't wait to see it. I hate trussing. Especially when there's multiple birds going, there's always something getting ready to pop out and go flopping. lol

This year for Thanks Giving I'm gonna spin two big turkeys...those buggers are usually a pain to spin especially when they're big and you do multiple on a spit. I'm gonna attempt two 20 lb this time but it should go smooth.

Fwismoker
04-19-2016, 07:04 PM
I love electric knives!!! Can't believe it's taken me this long to get one.

Big George's BBQ
04-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Nice looking bird. Would love a slice

mattmountz94
04-19-2016, 07:21 PM
great looking bird!

The Wookiee
04-19-2016, 07:41 PM
That was the video I found... Looking forward to your reveal!

tom b
04-19-2016, 07:48 PM

Can't wait to see your new thing.
I recently found a new elec. knife at home, I have only used it once but defiantly see the benifits

jayman
04-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Sure looks good! Can't wait until June! Do you have an outlet for your invention for us to buy?

Q Junkie
04-19-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure I can handle another drawn out, hyped up, anticipated reveal of another BBQ contraption that will cost me another $2k.
I love chicken and want to separate myself from my disposable income just like everyone else, but I need it now. I am not sure where I will be in June and I need perfect chicken now!
We are all depending on you!
No pressure. :wink:

Thatgrimguy
04-19-2016, 08:54 PM
First of all... that is some of the best looking poultry pron I've ever seen. I could destroy that! Man you are getting me excited about your roti device. Can't wait to get one!

Secondly.. Which one did you get?

pjtexas1
04-19-2016, 09:47 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah...bird looks great...now take my $%^& money already:tsk::mad::mad2:

landarc
04-19-2016, 10:04 PM
Nice chookie!

I like tying up my chickens

Fwismoker
04-19-2016, 10:09 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah...bird looks great...now take my $%^& money already:tsk::mad::mad2: Ha! Paul let's just say the Jimmy roti combo will get lots of use! :biggrin1:

First of all... that is some of the best looking poultry pron I've ever seen. I could destroy that! Man you are getting me excited about your roti device. Can't wait to get one! Thanks and I'm gettin excited too! It's finally starting coming together but there's always little road blocks along the way but it's all good little by little. It's a huge learning experience I'll say that! :grin:

Secondly.. Which one did you get? Hamilton Beach Sure Grip I saw on EBAY, figure I can make a box for it but it's a dandy little cutter.

I'm not sure I can handle another drawn out, hyped up, anticipated reveal of another BBQ contraption that will cost me another $2k.
I love chicken and want to separate myself from my disposable income just like everyone else, but I need it now. I am not sure where I will be in June and I need perfect chicken now!
No pressure. :wink:Oh it won't be in that range! LOL. I'll try not too disappoint.
Good luck, we're all counting on you - Airplane - YouTube
Sure looks good! Can't wait until June! Do you have an outlet for your invention for us to buy? Thanks Jayman and I'll definitely have that covered, just no brick & mortar.

Tonybel
04-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Perfect

AussieMatt
04-20-2016, 06:46 AM
Nice mate...now, hurry up!

Fwismoker
04-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Nice mate...now, hurry up!Speaking of hurrying up don't you have something to finish up Matt??:biggrin1:

AussieMatt
04-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Speaking of hurrying up don't you have something to finish up Matt??:biggrin1:

You had to bring that up, didn't you! :boxing::laugh:

swamprb
04-21-2016, 05:53 AM
Can't wait!

clweed
04-21-2016, 07:25 AM
No pressure. :wink:

Yeah Whats the big secret ? Better hurry before everyone buys a carson Rodizio

Fwismoker
04-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Yeah Whats the big secret ? Better hurry before everyone buys a carson Rodizio Secret? :spy: :biggrin1:

Oh it's not a competitor with the CR so no worries there.

smoke ninja
04-21-2016, 12:46 PM
You had to bring that up, didn't you! :boxing::laugh:

Don't let him pressure you. I've been "building" my bird barrel/007 for 6 months now and im still not finished.

AussieMatt
04-21-2016, 02:20 PM
Don't let him pressure you. I've been "building" my bird barrel/007 for 6 months now and im still not finished.

I'll try not too, but, I NEED to get on this bandwagon and him putting the wood to me helps...otherwise I'd still be umming and ahhing this time next year.

Roguejim
04-21-2016, 03:57 PM
The most sustained tease- advertisement I've ever seen. Just shameful. S**t, or get off the pot already!

Timmy Mac
04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Bird looks great!! Will your new venture fit the rodizio? And will it come in blue and gold?!!

Fwismoker
04-21-2016, 05:00 PM
I'll try not too, but, I NEED to get on this bandwagon and him putting the wood to me helps...otherwise I'd still be umming and ahhing this time next year. Matt you know Steve is being a poor example. :tsk: LOL Besides it's only been since your vacation so what a couple of months? I gave ninja-son a break since he was moving too! :heh:

The most sustained tease- advertisement I've ever seen. Just shameful. S**t, or get off the pot already! Don't be cursing at me Rogue:caked:

Fwismoker
04-21-2016, 05:03 PM
Bird looks great!! Will your new venture fit the rodizio? And will it come in blue and gold?!! Thanks Tmac and I think it will work with the CR if the skewers are 1/2" are smaller.

Blue and Gold? Man that would be GREAT!!! Unfortunately it'll just be 304 polished SS :biggrin1: