PDA

View Full Version : Stumps, Humphreys or Lone Star Grillz

TomRaz
04-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Hello all
I already own an electric Cookshack SM150 smoker, two pellet smokers MAK 2 star general and a Yoder YS640

They each have their own niches, I would like to venture into a vertical cabinet charcoal smokers

For the Stumps I am looking at the XL Stumpster

Humphreys I am looking at the Pint or Battle Box

Lone Star vertical mini or large

What are your experiences and or opinions of these three choices ?

THoey1963
04-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Those that have one and bought a second, most likely bought the same brand again. I am new to my LSG cabinet, but I love it.

Coming from a WSM, by way of an LSG Vertical Offset, the LSG cabinet is great for me. I can load and fire her up, put food on an hour later, temps are stable, and the learning curve is minimal.

If I had bought another known brand, I would probably love it too.

tnfan47
04-07-2016, 11:51 AM
If you're able to afford one of those three, I don't think you could go wrong with either one from what all I have read about them.

kathicooks
04-07-2016, 11:55 AM
I have to say I love my Stumps - I have a Classic, use it nearly every week. My work days are too long to use it on week days, but on the weekend, watch out. I must say I love the product, the quality is amazing, and it's very easy to use.

pigville porkers
04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Love my Battle box, it is my goto smoker now.

TomRaz
04-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Thanks for everyone's input
I decided to go with the stumps

Springram
04-07-2016, 07:45 PM

You will love it for sure. Good decision.

GreenDrake
04-07-2016, 08:47 PM
At that level, there are so many great options, I'd check out the Assassin too, monster cooker for a GF. I am going to get one of their grills soon enough.

SeenRed
04-07-2016, 08:58 PM

I'm sure your gonna love that Stumps...they make some really fine cookers! But honestly, all 3 of the cookers you were looking at are great...you couldn't go wrong here whatever you chose.

Red

Frisbey
04-07-2016, 10:09 PM

Tom,
Great choice!
I've been using an XL Baby for a few years and would buy the same smoker again. Stumps quality is top notch.

Be sure to get the slam latch for the cook chamber, the aluminum handles/bars to haul the thing around as it really heavy, and the large wheel kit.
Also, a Cyber-Q with fan really helps control the pit's temp