PDA

View Full Version : Any Broil King Baron owners?

Melissaredhead
03-16-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm adding a gasser and am looking at broil King and a weber gen 3 burner. I really want a 4 burner but well weber is priced out then but broil King isn't.
Both have cast iron grates.
Both have 10 year burner warranty
Similar cooking surface. Just the BK 4 burners and weber has 3.
Oh and $200 difference.
I've read reviews but before I pull the trigger I wanted to know if any of you have the BK.
Thanks in advance.

Insane_Crew
03-16-2016, 06:25 PM
I have owned one for about a year now and really like it. It impressed me the quality when I assembled it and from the first cook.

cheez59
03-16-2016, 07:01 PM
I have the Broil King Baron 4 burner. I absolutely love this grill. It will slow cook at 200 or sear your steaks at 700. It is the only gasser I have ever had that the side burner works well. I looked real hard at the Webers and a dozen or more others for over 2 months and decided that this grill was the best bang for the buck. Matter of fact it is a lot better than lots of grills that cost considerably more. Go for it Melissa. You won't regret it

krex1010
03-16-2016, 07:04 PM
I've never used the broil king but I've cooked on similar setups. I own a weber gen silver. I've always preferred the 3 burner setup, I think the 3 longer burners give more even heat, as opposed to the 4 short burners which in my experience has more hot and cold spots.

Melissaredhead
03-16-2016, 07:27 PM
I've never used the broil king but I've cooked on similar setups. I own a weber gen silver. I've always preferred the 3 burner setup, I think the 3 longer burners give more even heat, as opposed to the 4 short burners which in my experience has more hot and cold spots.

Thanks for the info!:wink:
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying about the BK having shorter burners. The cooking area is the same as the weber gen.
The BK has 4 burners and the weber has 3 spaced over the that same surface.
The depth and width are relative on both. That's why I was kind of leaning toward the BK. More burners more control. More bang for my buck kind of thing ya know??

Webers are soooo nice though:decision:

krex1010
03-16-2016, 08:12 PM
If you're standing in front of the two, the weber burners run side to side, every 4 burner I've used has the burners running front to back. To me it always seems like the ends of a burner are inconsistent with the center....so a 4 burner has 8 ends along the front and back while a 3 burner has 6 ends on the sides....not sure if I'm explaining this well lol, but essentially I'd rather have fewer inconsistent spots across the sides (the shortest distance) than more along the front and back (the longest distance). Hope I made sense to you lol

Grain Belt
03-17-2016, 12:16 PM
If you're standing in front of the two, the weber burners run side to side, every 4 burner I've used has the burners running front to back. To me it always seems like the ends of a burner are inconsistent with the center....so a 4 burner has 8 ends along the front and back while a 3 burner has 6 ends on the sides....not sure if I'm explaining this well lol, but essentially I'd rather have fewer inconsistent spots across the sides (the shortest distance) than more along the front and back (the longest distance). Hope I made sense to you lol

For over 5 years now the Weber Genesis line has changed the burner configuration. They used to run the "long" way (east-west) but now run the "short" way (north-south).

krex1010
03-17-2016, 03:12 PM
For over 5 years now the Weber Genesis line has changed the burner configuration. They used to run the "long" way (east-west) but now run the "short" way (north-south).

Well I guess that shows how long it's been since I've looked at gassers lol I always preferred the old style and I'm guessing I still would

eastcoastcowboy
03-17-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm in the market for a new gasser so I stopped in yesterday specifically to look at a Baron 440. Nice unit but I'm leaning towards the Signet 90 with the rotisserie and rotisserie burner. Similar cooking space and the Signet is only a 3 burner, but I liked the overall unit a little more. It's only $50 cheaper than the Baron so price won't be the deciding factor. I'm just interested to see further responses.

SmittyJonz
03-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Well? :confused:

zanna5910
03-24-2016, 01:06 PM
I have a 3 burner Broil King with stainless type grates, not the baron, but it is nice. Has a few hot spots around the edges for me but man can that thing heat up fast and sear beautifully. Always liked the webers as well, just never had one. I'm sure either will be a great choice for a gasser.

NickyB
04-18-2016, 02:45 PM
My wife bought me an early suprise Father's Day gift. Broil King Soverign XLS 90. This sucker burns wicked hot for a gas grill and is built rather well. I love this thing however it is a bit of an adjustment compared to the Weber Spirit I had that the last owner left with our house.