PDA

View Full Version : Weber Kettle on the way

Irrivirsible
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
I have been watching Craigslist for some time and the two chances I had fell apart. I guess some people are not serious about selling. Other chances always seem to be a 4 hour round trip. I recently had an anniversary at work and I can choose gifts with points I have. They have an Original Kettle Premium 22 in green only so I already ordered it.

My kamado is not in a covered area and takes hours to cool down before cool enough to put a cover on. Another thing is, I hate lump with the bags of small pieces. Maybe if I bought Wicked Good or Kamado Joe lump it would be different.

I am happy with the PBC but I don't have a way to shut it down right now. I bought a galvenized bucket with a lid but it has been taken to be used for something else. I could get another one and or some of those business card sized magnets but as of now have not. I guess I just want an excuse to get another cooker. The price is right so why not.

I will continue to use the PBC and also the kamado at times but the Weber will give me flexibility. I can load small amounts of briquettes based upon my needs, great for searing and I will have room for 2 zone cooking. I don't plan on buying any more cookers, but who knows? Maybe I will get the dedicated smoker bug.

Fire Flinger
03-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the world according to Weber!

Joe Black
03-02-2016, 09:12 AM
I have a copper one on order from Amazon for my birthday. I think it will be a great compliment to my stick burner.

Big George's BBQ
03-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Congrats and Enjoy You will love the Weber

PNW Smoker
03-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I love my Weber. I make the leap from cheap gassers just this past year. Used gassers for over 20 years. I have no regrets and I'll never look back.

krex1010
03-02-2016, 09:55 AM
The weber kettle deserves it popularity, truly versatile. Everyone loves their offsets, uds, pbc, wsm etc......but when your only cooking a single bird or a rack of ribs it's great to not have to get a bigger cooker fired up and still get great results. That's not even mentioning it's direct grilling abilities.

S.Six
03-02-2016, 09:57 AM
After I got my performer and 18.5"wsm I didn't think I was going to get anything else. Well...I guess my signature says it all! Lol!

AClarke44
03-02-2016, 10:07 AM
I agree that you will enjoy the kettle. I have a kettle and a PBC for my grilling/smoking needs as well and find together there's nothing I can't do. I use the weber mainly for grilling/searing but will still smoke chicken, ribs, and butts on it occasionally too. You will get lots of enjoyment and it will shut down pretty quickly. Within about 2 hours I'm able to cover mine after a cook.
Also, you mentioned not being able to put out the coals after a PBC cook. What I do is use a heavy leather grill (or welding) glove and pull the coal basket out and sit it on the coal grate of my weber. I put the lid on with all the vents closed and it shuts everything down quickly. Just another thing you can use the weber for when you get it.....Good luck! :thumb:

Kack
03-02-2016, 11:44 AM
I have 3 Kettles and a Smokey Joe they all work flawlessly and are simple to operate.

And a UDS and 2 Weber gassers

el_matt
03-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Good for you. Our anniversary catalog had an OTG, last time I saw it. If it's still there, come November, I'll be adding yet another to the collection.

Matt