PDA

View Full Version : Thanks IAmMadMan!

Ron_L
02-29-2016, 02:55 PM
I received a package from IAmMadMan last week but finally got around to posting the picture today :oops:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1552/25087946240_c1d13ff439_c.jpg

Thanks for thinking of me! I'll report back when I have a chance to try them out!

Any helpful suggestions from folks who have used these products are welcome!

Shagdog
02-29-2016, 03:00 PM
That's awesome! He is a class act :thumb:

AussieMatt
02-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Nice!

DUBBAGA
02-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Just cooked with them yesterday
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226090

A key point to remember. The Salamida's can be marinated for 24hrs, but do not do that with the Chiavetta's (unless you like chicken paste...)

TXBronco
02-29-2016, 03:32 PM
I just used that Chiavetta's that he sent me in our trade. We grilled yesterday and it made my neighborhood smell fantastic and the chicken was great. If you ever get a chance to trade with IamMadMan DO IT

tish
02-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Classy thing to do, Robert. You rock!! :rockon:

Norm
02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Very cool!

IamMadMan
02-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Ron,

Just a little "Thank You" for all that you do as a Moderator here.

You always have an even keel and diffuse discussions with potentially negative results. Yet, you can be assertive when you need to be. Always seems to respond within minutes when alerted.

But most of all Thank You for all that you do to help us with the Trading Post Forum, sticking and unsticking posts for us.....

One tip with the Chiavetta's, don't fear the vinegar..... I do not like vinegar, but this cooks away, even as you baste during the cook. One bite and your taste buds will be begging for more..... I marinate for 2-3 hours depending if it is spatchcocked or cut in pieces. But like Dubagga says overnight and you'll have chicken paste.

I only hope you can enjoy a taste of something new and different.

Ignignokt
02-29-2016, 08:22 PM
That state fair chicken sauce is awesome. I have gotten that from him in the past.

LYU370
02-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Mmmm... Love Cornell chicken. Haven't used that brand, but have made the sauce from the Cornell recipe. I marinate for a few hours and flip & baste frequently.

Ron_L
02-29-2016, 09:10 PM
Mmmm... Love Cornell chicken. Haven't used that brand, but have made the sauce from the Cornell recipe. I marinate for a few hours and flip & baste frequently.

I tried a recipe that was posted here a while back and we enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to see how this works out!

Fillmore Farmer
03-04-2016, 02:39 AM
Bob turned me onto Chiavetta's and then hooked me up with a bulk purchase since it's not really available here in the L.A. area. Bob suggested I chime-on on this thread so here we go:

Chiavetta's...I LOVE THIS STUFF, I no longer bother with the traditional chicken basted with Bullseye, SBR or what-not.

So I don't know quite how to say this...but I recently marinated the chicken (not intentionally) for 2 days and I did not have chicken paste...I just had very flavorful chicken. I'll agree, at first sniff the Chiavetta's smells pretty intense...like maybe you can use it as paint remover or to kill weeds, but the end result is simply delicious!!!

About the only thing I can offer is that I diced in some Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk sauce and this took it to a fiery/flavorful level that anyone who likes a bold or spicy flavor would love.

Other thoughts. I had taken some of the marinade and added some oil to it....I was using this to baste the chicken. My family, for health and kid-preference reasons, doesn't eat the skin and so the oil was there to help keep things moist and to help the marinade 'stick'. As the chicken was almost done I gave it one last baste and put it over some high heat....despite having no skin the exterior texture somehow got a bit crispy and had that char taste that makes your taste buds send profound signals to your brain...I wish I could say or explain more but I'm guessing the oil and some of the marinade did like a batter-fry thing and as Bob describes it; you take a bite and you're already thinking about taking another bite!

Another fun thing to do...after you remove the chicken from the marinade you can slice-up some sweet onions (1/4" thick slices) and toss those into the marinade. I put the slices on the grill and turn them a few times but because of the relatively high water content of the onion it can take a lot of heat and just get kinda mushy-soft. One day I was running out of charcoal heat and decided to try something as an alternative to finishing the onions. I broke all the slices up and put them in a pile in the middle of the grill. I then grabbed the tongs in one hand and the WEED TORCH in the other....carefully blast the pile until you see it turn dark...pull the torch away and toss with the tongs...re-torch, re-toss, re-torch, re-toss...until you get the texture you like. What I notice is that most folks will toss a piece of onion into their mouth with each bite of chicken...it's the perfect compliment. Plus, how often do you get to cook with a weed torch? :D