PDA

View Full Version : record shows

BigBellyBBQ
02-29-2016, 06:41 AM
Being a BBQ Chef-toolmaker-fabricator, I really struggle with computers and tech savvy methods. How can I record shows like BBQ pitmasters and others? (not DVR) I want to put together videos that people can watch. I have patience to cook 15 hour briskets however NO patience for the confussor!
I have a friend that will cut out sections however I need basic recorded show first.

PNW Smoker
02-29-2016, 08:41 AM
if DVR is out of the question, then you'd need to pull them off the internet. Typically capturing streaming video off the internet isn't the easiest thing to do. I know there are some tools to extract Youtube videos. Part of it depends on where the content is coming from and how it is being streamed, then you need to figure out the right tool for each.

However, you are talking about using copyrighted material, so you really need to take that into consideration. There is a reason why it isn't simply to get copies of streaming content, and you should be weary of the sites hosting the tools people use to extract this sort of content. Often times they are rife with various types of malware.

NickTheGreat
02-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Why is DVR out of the question? I get it if you're wanting to give the recordings to others.

How about a DVD recorder? You could buy one and record off your cable or dish?

I agree with PNW though, selling anything like that is a big no-no. Giving it for educational purposes, I don't know.

BigBellyBBQ
02-29-2016, 09:58 AM
dvd recorder? I s there also a way to record direct to computer? or just make the dvd from the shows? not for d]sale, just waNT to take bits n pieces from the shows

NickTheGreat
02-29-2016, 04:27 PM
dvd recorder? I s there also a way to record direct to computer? or just make the dvd from the shows? not for d]sale, just waNT to take bits n pieces from the shows

You can, but it can be kinda complicated and pretty involved.

Probably no way to do it without buying any more hardware, and maybe software. :sad:

The video editing you refer to puts that firmly over my pay grade. :becky:

Ron_L
02-29-2016, 04:45 PM

Are you planning on using those bits and pieces in your videos? You may want to check into copyright laws before doing that.

smokin30-06
02-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Legality aside.

This should work if you have matching outputs on your cable box. IIRC it is about $40 on Amazon. http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
You will need RCA cables to connect it. Monoprice.com is good for that.