PDA

View Full Version : You've been warned :-D ***Read this!***

Ron_L
02-20-2016, 09:02 AM
If you have any links in your signature please make sure that they conform to our rules:

Signatures: This is a text box BELOW each post. It cannot contain a graphic or Photo.
If you have a Private site(without a forum) of your own, you may post a link in your signature.
If you have a link in your signature, you must place a reciprocal link on your site linking back here.
Reciprocal link must be on the landing page that you are linking to from here. The link must be visible, easily located and not buried in text or articles. If you wish to use a graphic to hotlink with, you can copy the avatar from this post.
NO pictures or graphics in signatures.This does not pertain to AVATARS.
Keep signatures in plain text no larger than 3 points. Use discretion with bold and/or colors. Over sized or overbearing signatures will be edited to conform.
Your signature and profile should contain a list of your equipment and your location. This way, if you ask or answer a question, we can consider where your cooking from and what you’re cooking on without asking. It should NOT contain anything that may be derogatory, inflammatory or controversial. No references to sex, religion, politics or controversial subjects.
Your own BBQ related site URL may appear in signature line as long as it is the URL only.
NO advertising, including sponsor links.
No pointers to other bbq forums.
Blogs and websites are OK. NO FORUMS.
A reciprocal link back here is required no matter what.
If your Signature contains a link to your site or blog. You MUST have a link to our site in yours. If not, your signature will be edited and link removed. If an admin or moderator edits the link out of your signature, it cannot be put back unless the reciprocal link is in place.
Signatures and linking will be disabled for those that refuse to comply. Moderators will make spot checks to ensure the cross linking is present. If not, One private message will be sent to you for not being in compliance. If a reciprocal link is not added within 5 days, your signature will be edited.

In about a week the mod team will begin checking links to see if they follow these rules. If you have any links that don't comply, now is the time to update them! Once we check and find a violation you'll have 5 days to fix it or the link will be removed.

We will also be looking at signatures to make sure that the rules above are followed.

Read this if you have any questions. If you are unsure if your signature is OK, please PM the mod team.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47498

blazinfire
02-20-2016, 09:42 AM
uh oh! Ron is in crackdown mode!!! :thumb:

Ron_L
02-20-2016, 09:49 AM
:mod:

:-D

We do routine checks, but I noticed a few signatures that didn't follow the rules, so this is easier than sending a bunch of individual PMs :rolleyes:

blazinfire
02-20-2016, 09:53 AM
:mod:

:-D

We do routine checks, but I noticed a few signatures that didn't follow the rules, so this is easier than sending a bunch of individual PMs :rolleyes:

Trust me, I know how it goes! I was a mod for our families racing forum for years! Til we decided to drop the site all together. Pain in the arse sometimes lol

Melissaredhead
02-20-2016, 11:53 AM
So get rid of emojis.

smoke ninja
02-20-2016, 11:58 AM
So get rid of emojis.

Of coarse its up to the bosses but i say emoji is speach.

They are a form of language evolved. The funny thing is writing started as pictographs and now we as a society are reverting back to it. 1000 years from now emojis may be all that future culture can understand of us

Melissaredhead
02-20-2016, 12:04 PM
:thumb:

SmittyJonz
02-20-2016, 12:05 PM
My signature is Good and Everybody needs to read it. !

Mrfish
02-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Of coarse its up to the bosses but i say emoji is speach.

They are a form of language evolved. The funny thing is writing started as pictographs and now we as a society are reverting back to it. 1000 years from now emojis may be all that future culture can understand of us

Ya, what Ninja said.

Bob C Cue
02-20-2016, 01:17 PM
I just updated my signature. Thanks for the reminder!

smoke ninja
02-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Ya, what Ninja said.

Indeed

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l520/smokeninjabbq/otarch_merneptah_stele_zpscrtayvtw.gif (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/smokeninjabbq/media/otarch_merneptah_stele_zpscrtayvtw.gif.html)

Ron_L
02-20-2016, 03:22 PM
So get rid of emojis.

I'm confused :confused:

Melissaredhead
02-20-2016, 04:38 PM
I have emojis in mine. I'll have to get rid of them?

Ron_L
02-20-2016, 04:40 PM
I have emojis in mine. I'll have to get rid of them?

No, those are fine. It's pictures and larger graphics that are a concern. Since signatures are loaded every time someone looks at a post having pictures/graphics can suck a lot of bandwidth. Emojis don't use any more than text.

Melissaredhead
02-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Oh okay. I thought they counted as graphics.
Yeah!

Crazy Harry
03-01-2016, 10:24 PM
No PM so I guess I'm OK

robert-r
03-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Revenue enhancement?
You pay bounties? :becky:

Ron_L
03-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Revenue enhancement?
You pay bounties? :becky:

I'll give you half of what I get :-D

chefman316
03-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Updated my link.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dauvis
03-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Oh okay. I thought they counted as graphics.
Yeah!

They are characters from a standard Windows font which makes them text.